FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: always keep that seatbelt buckled!!! *PICTURE*  (Read 2657 times)

fishingonly2002

• hhmm I think I just felt a little thump.....
always keep that seatbelt buckled!!! *PICTURE*
« on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:45 PM »
We (my Sister, my Dog and I)were all on my way back from dropping off my girlfriend, and my sister was driving way too fast on a wet dirt road.

the truck started to glide a bit, and then turned, and we were horizontal with the road. we went about 20 yards sideways before the wheels caught, it rolled the truck 3+ times and then we turned, and the nose dug in, we did a frontflip and landed upside down on a ditch on the side of the road. I broke the passenger seat window with my head. Geogria ( my dog) was thrown from the truck, and me and my sister were suspended upside down by our seatbelts. I thought I smalled gas. so my main concern was to get out of the car. I pressed my seatbelt button and fell flat on my face. I felt puke coming up but swallowed it down. I talked to my sister, no spinal, cranial or respritory injuries so I moved her from her seat. I couldnt find a way out of the car, both doors were crushed and the ditch had us wedged in. suddenly my dog came from nowhere and bit me, then she went out of the backseat window and under the bed of the truck and out from under it. I followed the dog and carried my sister about 20 yards from the truck, far enough to not get ingulfed in flames if the truck blew. I went to the truck and there was no flames, and the gas I smelled was actualy some nail polish remover that spilled. I looked over the truck. every window except thew windshield was shattered, the roof caved in and broke the headrest off my seat, missed my head by inches im guessing. the back seat was crushed. I ran back to sarah cheked her vitals, spine, neck and skull and she was fine. I took a breath to check myself, and then started puking. no spinal or flesh wounds. just a cuncusion and some cuts on my legs from helping sara out.

Me and sara had nothing but scrpaes, ( besides the cuncusion ) my dog is fine, a little sore. the truck was totaled.

I am soooo glad my girlfriend wasn't in the car whern it happened.

we were both wearing seatbelts. no airbags went off.

I ran to my girlfriends house and got her to come pick my sister and dog up.

the cops, ambulance, and a tow truck were there a few minutes later.

the ambulance dismissed me and my sister.

I continued roller ski training today, a bit sore, but A-OK

sara is a bit sore too, but also fine. dog has a slight limp, but she can run, she is eating and sleeping just fine, so I think she is ok/

hey dad..... do alligators eat kayaks?

fishingonly2002

• hhmm I think I just felt a little thump.....
Re: always keep that seatbelt buckled!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2006, 08:02 PM »
I will have pictures of my truck pretty soon.

~Neal
hey dad..... do alligators eat kayaks?

fishboy

Re: always keep that seatbelt buckled!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Wow! pretty crazy stuff Glad your OK .  Experienced a pretty bad head on accident a few years ago myself. 
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: always keep that seatbelt buckled!!! *PICTURE*
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Glad that you're alright!

Wow. That's an impressive wreck. :o

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Ya.  No reason not to where such a life saving device.  Wow.  Glad your OK.

Fish-trap

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2006, 09:55 PM »
I always wear mine. I never understood the people that don't. Just glad you and you sister and dog is alright and it sounded like you handled the situation just like you were supposed to. That is an impressive wreck for sure.
Can't catch a fish without a line in the water....

bigchev98

• Get the Net!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2006, 10:22 PM »
i have been in my share of accidents (stupid acting ways) and from the sounds of it you got lucky....i never wish upon anyone the stuff i have seen during car accidents but I'm glad your OK just hope you have learned from this

Big Burk

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2006, 01:13 AM »
glad to see that ur ok wouldnt want to miss out on any fishing cause of an accident now would we.  ;)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2006, 01:51 AM »
WOW, wow, wow, man you guys are really lucky, not many folks walk away from a wreck like that.

I have seen a few wrecks and the folks were not as lucky as you, your sister and your dog.  :(

I am really glad you guys are OK, and that you all had your seat belts on. Awesome of your dog to show you 2 the way out. :)

Make sure you 2 watch for symptoms a ways down the road, sometime they can creep up on a person. Lots of cases of a folks walking way from a vehicle accident only to discover damage to the neck or other areas.

Be Aware be Cautious.

WW

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2006, 02:06 AM »
WOW, wow, wow, man you guys are really lucky, not many folks walk away from a wreck like that.

I have seen a few wrecks and the folks were not as lucky as you, your sister and your dog.  :(

I am really glad you guys are OK, and that you all had your seat belts on. Awesome of your dog to show you 2 the way out. :)

Make sure you 2 watch for symptoms a ways down the road, sometime they can creep up on a person. Lots of cases of a folks walking way from a vehicle accident only to discover damage to the neck or other areas.

Beaware be Cautious.

WW

Like a subdural hematoma ( a bleed in your brain). Stuff can show up 2 weeks later.  Esp since you took out the side window with your head.  VERY sneaky stuff.  Follow-up with an MD soon as possible. 
  VERY glad you folks are OK

Pikeguy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Wow, glad you're ok Neal :o  Been there done that. I actually was saved in a bad wreck because I wasn't wearing the belt (allowed me to not be crushed when the car compacted)..but that was a fluke. I wear my seatbelt every time I drive and insist my passengers do also. Again, glad to hear you're ok and the guys were right.... Keep an eye on things for the next few weeks. some things you can't do much about...but others you can take action on. I know my back hurts every day since that accident but whatcha gonna do? :-\  Brain bleeding is different ;)

Hookset

« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2006, 08:39 AM »
Glad to hear you, sis and the dog are all OK.  Be safe.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

turkeyhunter10ga

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Glad to hear that you and sis are doing fine, i have to go get those accident quite often and have a few sitting in my tow yard waiting for ins. comapnies to come and look at them. It happens for a variety of reason, weather conditions , too fast for traffic and couldn't stop so the driver headed to the ditch, etc.

The air bags didn't deploy because the sensors for them are actually on the front bumper brackets, if the bumpers isn't pushed back, the sensors wouldn't  send a signal for the air bags to deploy. I have a few of them also where the vehicle has rearended a SUV or semi and everything above the bumper is destroyed but the bags never went off and have to explain that to the owner when they come here to look at it and start screaming that they are going to sue the manufacturer for faulty bags.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.