FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mercury Over Heat Alarm  (Read 3203 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Mercury Over Heat Alarm
« Reply #15 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Not in my case! I installed it wrong once and no, it did not correct itself at all, almost roasted my powerhead in fact!

yup

bassin212

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2019, 07:53 AM »
thanks for all the replies everyone, the hardest process in all of this was getting the right kit, still strange to me that only one of the gaskets fit into the housing. Anyways, new impeller is on and was 100% the reason for over heating. The difference is night and day. The tell tale in my 60hp is a lot stronger than my old 50hp, now I know!

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2019, 11:52 AM »
thanks for all the replies everyone, the hardest process in all of this was getting the right kit, still strange to me that only one of the gaskets fit into the housing. Anyways, new impeller is on and was 100% the reason for over heating. The difference is night and day. The tell tale in my 60hp is a lot stronger than my old 50hp, now I know!

Glad it worked out for you.
Good work!

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

dukhnter8

« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2019, 01:28 PM »
Glad it worked. Similar issue trying to figure out the kit for my motor.

Save the old parts or at least part number in case you want to replace it in a few years.    :D

bassin212

« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2019, 01:49 PM »
I definitely am, it's weird. I ordered a kit with my exact part numbers on it, says it works for my year and model and things still don't line up. Oh well, at least it works. It just sucks when you have to spend $60 on something you only use 1/3 of

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.