FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing Northern B.C.!!!  (Read 1223 times)

Koffee Kat

Fishing Northern B.C.!!!
« on: Jul 04, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Well, it's Friday & i'm off to Northern BC afterwork today!  Wish me luck...  At best i'll catch my limit everyday & come home with a freezer worth of char.  At worst i'll do better than i've be doing here in Alberta for the summer thus far.  I'll try & bring back some good photos to post!

travisj

Re: Fishing Northern B.C.!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2008, 07:21 PM »
Are you back? Geez I want some pics!

Koffee Kat

Re: Fishing Northern B.C.!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2008, 12:30 PM »
So, i'm back...  What can I say?  It was windy 5 out of 7 days we were there - the first & last day were the only calm ones.  The first day we were too drunk to float our boats, the last day were were too hung-over & busy packing.  Besides that it was just too windy to canoe on the lake we camped at - too dangerous for such small canoes...  So I never got in the deep-trolling I wanted to do.  Bummer.  So, lots of off-shore action all week on various places on the lake, but couldn't really hook up with anything besides pike & nothing much bigger than 2.5 ft.  We caught LOTS so that was ok.  15 one day 12 another 8 another, just on the one lake.  Tried for some Walleye at a lake 1.5 hours away & just caught more pike  :P!  Then we did a scout of the nearby rivers for some char & whatnot.  Managed to catch 4 grayling, one after the other, out of some minor rapids with the fly rod, but they were far too small to keep (7"-8").  So, not a bad trip.  Good times, drank every day, fished every day & just relaxed to the max.  I don't have any pictures because all the fish we caught just weren't worth bragging about.  The only pictures for me to post would be of my family & me drinking  ;D!!!  not so sure you's want to see these....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.