FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: unnamed private lake...  (Read 1259 times)

swampy45

• country boy
unnamed private lake...
« on: Apr 19, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Hey guys and gals, i have a slightly puzzling question for you all....

I often fish an extremely small, extremely deep private lake close to my house.  The lake is rougly a 500 meter horseshoe, and stays roughly two feet deep all around the outside and immediately drops off to 60, yes, SIXTY feet. the drop occurs in about a 10 foot distance, and is incredible to see. Now... there are are several lakes in the general area that all contain pike and perch.  At this lake i have hooked into many many pike... and not a word of a lie, some are pushing 20 pounds... i dont  have a problem catching them, but what i would like to know about is... PERCH!  i have tried ice fishing the lake, and its unstable in winter... even for a small lake there is lots of open water during winter and flood water due to springs, which keeps small portions of the lake open, yet during summer, the water stays icy cold and crystal clear... clear enough to see 20, almost 30 feet down.  but ice fishing i have felt bites, hooked into fish that feel like perch, but have yet to see one in the lake.  What are the chances of there being perch in the lake, and how the heck do i find them on such a small structureless lake? i got a feeling they are there, just need to know how to catch them.  thanks everyone!
bike, fish, bike, fish...

coho33

Re: unnamed private lake...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2009, 04:58 PM »
If the pond is that clear you could get a camera .we  used an aqua veiw camera ice fishing and they work great
HERE FISHY FISHY !!!!

swampy45

• country boy
Re: unnamed private lake...
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2009, 06:49 PM »
haha, i would love one. however... being a student, having bills... you get the idea.
bike, fish, bike, fish...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.