FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Going to stop off at Pepacton for a couple days on my way to Mass  (Read 1486 times)

taxid

for vacation in June.

The way I read it I can bring my kayak as long I have it steam cleaned before launching? And as soon as I pull it out of the water I have to have it steam cleaned before launching it again? No charge for the steam cleaning which is followed by a sticker and reservoir permit at the designated places for steam cleaning? Or I can get the permit by mail?

Any suggestions for the best places to get the steam cleaning and a good bait & tackle supplier?  I have a list but figured some locations may be better than others?

Was going to try my hand at a big brown but don't mind fishing for smallies and panfish. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

UglyStik

I know nothing, but Yager61 has fished it, I believe. He always posts monster brown pics from the nyc reserviors on here.
They also have a website for that area:

http://westchesterfishing.com/forum/index.php/topic,7175.0.html?PHPSESSID=ee474d37c24f5a9564819a38a33256f2

Try shooting him a message, if he doesn't know much he can point you to somebody that regularly fishes it.

taxid

I know nothing, but Yager61 has fished it, I believe. He always posts monster brown pics from the nyc reserviors on here.
They also have a website for that area:

http://westchesterfishing.com/forum/index.php/topic,7175.0.html?PHPSESSID=ee474d37c24f5a9564819a38a33256f2

Try shooting him a message, if he doesn't know much he can point you to somebody that regularly fishes it.

Thanks! I got a call back from someone I think with the DEC and he was very friendly and answered all my questions. Seems the best route will be to have my kayak steam cleaned at Al's Bait and Tackle in Downsville. Al even provides lodging although I prefer air bNb's.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
for vacation in June.

The way I read it I can bring my kayak as long I have it steam cleaned before launching? And as soon as I pull it out of the water I have to have it steam cleaned before launching it again? No charge for the steam cleaning which is followed by a sticker and reservoir permit at the designated places for steam cleaning? Or I can get the permit by mail?

Any suggestions for the best places to get the steam cleaning and a good bait & tackle supplier?  I have a list but figured some locations may be better than others?

Was going to try my hand at a big brown but don't mind fishing for smallies and panfish.

I thought once you register your boat, Anglers must store their fishing boats at the reservoir. Let me know if anything has changed... if so, I'll be there for sure!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

taxid

I thought once you register your boat, Anglers must store their fishing boats at the reservoir. Let me know if anything has changed... if so, I'll be there for sure!

I was told you don't have to leave it at the reservoir, but if you don't, you have to have it steam cleaned again before you can launch again. It appears they have modified things vs. the old days?

Tom Hannock

That's still the case on most reservoirs but DEP has been piloting and expanding day use on select ones like Cannonsville, Neversink, Pepacton and Schoharie with steam cleaning done prior.  Even letting people use electric motors on Cannonsville.  http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/recreation/expanded_boating_program.shtml
The list of steam cleaning vendors is also on the DEP website at the link I pasted. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Just renewed my permit on-line. It's simple... I did it.

I have to find out how detrimental the steam cleaning could be to USB ports on my kayak?

Thanks for the info!

KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.