FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Glowing eyes guessing game  (Read 6159 times)

Trophy Hunter639

Glowing eyes guessing game
« on: Sep 09, 2004, 11:21 AM »
Can you guess what animal belongs to the glowing eyes in this pic just for fun.         

grumpymoe

Re: Glowing eyes guessing game
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2004, 11:40 AM »
too easy TH....racoons!!! ;D

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2004, 11:48 AM »
 :laugh: Right on Grump that little bugger scared the  :cursing: out of me I was sitting down at the river by myself right around dark I was getting some bites when i could hear something moving in the grass like 7 feet away so i look back and this raccoon stands up and gives me one of these :flex: looks at me for a second and slowly goes on his way I grabbed my camera and whislted at him he stopped and stood up again and turned to look at me and i snapped this pic.

Hookset

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Wonder how they taste covered in barbeque sauce?
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2004, 03:08 PM »
When I was a kid we used to drive through a park near our cabin at night with a spotlight and shine it in the trees.  When you spotted racoon eyes we stopped and threw out a big marshmallow near the tree the coon was in.  Man those things would come flying down out of the tree for the marshmallow and hightail it right back up with their prize.  It was a lot of fun!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

fozsey

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2004, 03:20 PM »
I had one when I was a kid for a pet. My dad rescued a family of them that the mother got hit by a car. We started out with 4 and all but one died. We named him Moe. (No relation to Grumpy) That oinker got up to over 25 lbs and was a riot. I couldn't drink enough to laugh myself to death like I did watching that racoon. We put a wash basin in the porch for him and everything and I mean everything went in it. My dad used to smoke Pal Mal reds and always kept them in his shirt pocket. Moe would wait until my dad fell asleep in his easy chair. He would climb up on the back of the chair and steal the cigs out of his pocket and head right to his wash basin. He never ate them, but always washed them. Another trick we used to play on him was to give him sugar cubes. He would head to his basin and we would listen to him chatter when the cube disolved. He never learned. Give him another and he would do it again. I had many a gutache from watching him. We never tried marshmellows.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2004, 03:33 PM »
 :rotflol: Fozey that is hilarious I'll bet your dad was mad.

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2004, 04:15 PM »
that sounds liek fun!! rolflmbo
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Jigwiggler

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2004, 09:10 AM »
I too had raccoons when I was a kid.  Same thing, my father picked them up along the road where the mother had been run over.  Very comical and amusing animals to watch and boy do they get big when you feed them well!!  We had him for 3-4 years and then the state Game Commission started cracking down on people keeping wild animals in captivity.  Some people I know had a raccoon as a pet for a number of years, a neighbor turned them in and the Game Commission showed up and took the raccoon.  They lead it to the truck where they shot it and threw it in the back right in front of the kids who had raised it.  What @ssholes! >:(  After hearing about these ridiculous actions our raccoon was not allowed in the house anymore.  He lived on and off in our barn for a while and then eventually moved on and only returned periodically.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Man that sucks JW those poor kids must have been devastated.They could have at least took it away and shot it or let it go free. ???

Jigwiggler

« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Man that sucks JW those poor kids must have been devastated.They could have at least took it away and shot it or let it go free. ???

They were TH.  That is what I didn't understand, if they felt the coon was too domesticated or unhealthy to survive in the wild why kill it in front of the kids.  Their father was furious and disgusted with the GC officers.  Raccoons are very adaptable animals and I'm sure the animal would have been fine if released.  They had no intentions of releasing the animal or just leaving it were it was where it was harming no one and it was just a display of cocky game wardens flexing their legislative muscle.  I hope they felt better about themselves afterwards.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2004, 11:38 AM »
I just don't understand what they were thinking ???Kids don't need to see s**t like that that image would totally change the way that they view authority figures and those guys should have been punished(fired) by their boss for that one!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Yeah, the family made a formal complaint with the Game Commission and local police but I don't think anything ever came of it.  Our Game Commission here in PA leaves alot to be desired.  We just got a new local deputy and he is a real piece of work.  Basically if you let him hunt and trap your land you can get away with anything you want and he'll just look the other way. >:(

buzzbomb

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2004, 12:30 PM »
A little media pressure can go a long way to setting an abuse of power right.  If those above the bent warden think they're in danger of being embarrased and their jobs are in jeopardy they should waste no time putting him straight.  Maybe a phone call from a reporter wanting to know about allegations of selective enforcemant?

fozsey

« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2004, 03:01 PM »
I too had raccoons when I was a kid.  Same thing, my father picked them up along the road where the mother had been run over.  Very comical and amusing animals to watch and boy do they get big when you feed them well!!  We had him for 3-4 years and then the state Game Commission started cracking down on people keeping wild animals in captivity.  Some people I know had a raccoon as a pet for a number of years, a neighbor turned them in and the Game Commission showed up and took the raccoon.  They lead it to the truck where they shot it and threw it in the back right in front of the kids who had raised it.  What @ssholes! >:(  After hearing about these ridiculous actions our raccoon was not allowed in the house anymore.  He lived on and off in our barn for a while and then eventually moved on and only returned periodically.

***censored****? That officer would have lost his job here. I would have made sure of it. Newspapers and local media like that sort of thing. Not to mention it is a class D Felony here to shoot an animal without a legal reason. Its classified as animal cruelity.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.