FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Zach's Adirondack Adventure  (Read 5510 times)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Zach's Adirondack Adventure
« on: Oct 18, 2004, 05:26 PM »
Well, I went up to the Adirondacks in search of deer and bear this past weekend (10/16-10/17) and while I didn't manage to get anything, I had a really amazing time hiking the mountains in the High Peaks region, and getting to spend time with my dad. Here are a couple pictures of the amazing scenery that I was fortunate enough to be part of:

A beautiful view of a remote Adirondack river, flowing through the High Peaks.

A remote pond, somewhere between Hoffman Mountain and Vanderwacker Mountain.

Pretty self explanitory: me sitting on a medium sized rock, somewhere in the Hoffman Notch.

My dad, somewhere in the Hoffman Notch

Not really scenic, but I thought it was awesome to see this here in NY.

Probably not as enjoyable for you as it was for me, but enjoy anyway!

-Zach

TroutFishingBear

Re: Zach's Adirondack Adventure
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Nice pictures chen. too bad you didn't bring your fishing pole to fish that remote pond or adirondack river ;)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2004, 05:46 PM »
TFB, I meant to bring a pole, but when you get up at 2 AM, it's kind of hard to remember to bring everything ::) I was definitely disappointed. Oh well, I'm going back!

-Zach

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2004, 05:48 PM »
Chen, bring the fishing gear or we will officially have to kick you off myfishfinder ;)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2004, 09:18 PM »
CBH: what kind of rifle you got there, mine is a Rem. 700 - .243 with a wood stock, bolt action. Sweeeet.  :laugh: It is beautiful up there, I'm mostly in Hamilton county thou. A great place for peace and quiet.  ;D Better luck next time, got to put in the time.  ;) Great pictures there.  :)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2004, 09:55 PM »
 Zach cool pics looks like real nice country  8) Hey Your dad's rifle looks ready for some other kind of action there ;D

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2004, 10:24 PM »
TH - I was wondering if I would have to be the first one to say something...looks like a decent idea though.

Nice shots...pretty country.

Derek

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Yeah, it sure is beautiful country. Theres a good chance I'll be seeing it a lot, if I go to Paul Smith's College starting next fall! No, thats not a condom on the barrel. I put a the finger from a rubber glove over the barrel to keep moisture out, since its a muzzleloader. I use the sulfer-free pellets rather than powder, but I dont want to take any chances.  I usually use one of those things people use to cover a finger with stitches, but I didn't have any, so I used the finger from the glove instead. What the hell, it works. Man...I just love that place!

-Zach

Out4Trout

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Great pictures. Thanks for showing them. That's one of the best things about this site. I've seen country side from places I've never been and probably will make it to. There's a lot of beautiful country out there. A digital camera is on my list this fall!

Chucker

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Zach - be sure to let me know if you end up at PSC.  I'll pass on a few secret spots that I used to visit when I should have been in class.

slipbob

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2004, 06:47 PM »
  I love the scenery up there.  I have hiked most all the high peaks in the Adirondacks and so many of the scenes you encounter in the woods are just breathtaking.  Your photos are very nice.

fozsey

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2004, 05:52 AM »
Nice pics Zach. What a beautiful place..Nice rubberoid on your dad's bean shooter... :whistling: ;D

devil-man

« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2004, 07:14 AM »
Hey Zach- nice trip!
It's important to learn that spending time in the outdoors with friends and loved ones is much better than filling a tag or limit. There's always next time for that.
Did you guys camp?

FarginIcehole

« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2004, 08:02 AM »
thanks for the awesome desktop background zack.i used the one with the stream.   Fargin

Jigwiggler

« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2004, 08:15 AM »
Great pics Zach!  I've never hunted NY, I planned on it this year but time hasn't allowed.  Maybe next year. ;D  Looks like a beautiful place to hunt, fish, hike and just take in the scenery.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.