FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rigs?  (Read 2655 times)

IceMan4716

Rigs?
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:59 PM »
I have trip planned for this spring. In may. The trout and salmon are on the surface so what would i troll with? Medium weight rod with a couple split shots to keep the line down around 5-15 feet? Not sure how to go about doing this, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
Re: Rigs?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:01 AM »
iceman...a little more info would help. where you goin? how big is the target fish? when exactly time of year? I can give ya some pointers as I maily troll for trout and salmon in the open water season. give me a little more info and I should be able to give ya some help. also, have you ever trolled? what type of equiptment do you have? or have experience with? planer boards? downriggers? leadcore line? dipsy divers? etc. thanks
    A Country Boy can Survive!

IceMan4716

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2011, 03:48 PM »
trolling in maine in early may. Large lake. Target fish are all trout and salmon. Have trolling rigs with leadcore line.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2011, 11:08 AM »
If you're using leadcore, it will sink approx 1 foot deep for every 6 feet of line out...using 18lb core...1.9-2.2 MPH...so theres no need to use split shot....If the trout/salmon are all on the surface, I would deploy a few inline planar boards 100' back with spoons....flatlining also may be beneficial too...just let out 100' off the back with rapalas or spoons as well...I wouls run the leadcore down the chute (middle transom)
    A Country Boy can Survive!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.