FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Maine Lake & River Protection Sticker  (Read 2659 times)

tracker2011

• I'm NH piker on IceShanty
Maine Lake & River Protection Sticker
« on: Mar 27, 2020, 08:12 AM »
I just ordered my sticker on-line and was surprised of the increased in price.  35 dollars now?  I haven't checked out fishing licenses cost yet for me as a NH resident.  Maine fishing is worth it but I don't like seeing such large increases at one time.  Spread it out...
Fishing is my first passion, just don't tell the wife!

Steve H.

Re: Maine Lake & River Protection Sticker
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2020, 10:11 AM »
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:48 AM »
46 for me

fishlessman

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2020, 02:06 PM »
if its not docked in nh it might be cheaper to put a maine registration sticker and not the nh one plus milfoil sticker

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2020, 07:15 PM »
if its not docked in nh it might be cheaper to put a maine registration sticker and not the nh one plus milfoil sticker
i think your on to something there but then they would have to pay sales tax in maine to register it here

fishlessman

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2020, 09:18 AM »
i think your on to something there but then they would have to pay sales tax in maine to register it here

i dont know what they did about sales tax when i swapped from nh, i had the boat 20 something years before registering in maine. pretty sure i didnt pay a sales tax.  the registration and excise tax is cheaper in maine than nh and its one extra cost and hassle with that milfoil sticker on a nh boat

tracker2011

• I'm NH piker on IceShanty
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:27 AM »
The milfoil sticker is the one I'm talking about costing me $35.00 this year vs. the $20.00 I've always paid.  My NH boat registration cost me $56. a year.  I'm just shocked that the milfoil sticker jump up $15 from last year.  Its worth it fishing Maine but the increase seems a bit too much in one year.  Must me a reason.  With this covid going on I ordered my sticker going on 2 weeks now and it got lost in mail so they are having to issue me another one.  Can't wait to get back to normal. 
Fishing is my first passion, just don't tell the wife!

Steve H.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:41 AM »
The milfoil sticker is the one I'm talking about costing me $35.00 this year vs. the $20.00 I've always paid.  My NH boat registration cost me $56. a year.  I'm just shocked that the milfoil sticker jump up $15 from last year.  Its worth it fishing Maine but the increase seems a bit too much in one year.  Must me a reason.  With this covid going on I ordered my sticker going on 2 weeks now and it got lost in mail so they are having to issue me another one.  Can't wait to get back to normal.

Yeah, just got my stickers in the mail yesterday.  I just hope they don't close the boat ramps and leave me with useless $35 stickers.  I think it's possible to maintain recommended distancing at boat launches if people are courteous and pay attention to those around them (I know, it's asking a lot of some people  :-\).
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:58 AM »
its been 2 weeks and I still don't have mine

Steve H.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:23 AM »
its been 2 weeks and I still don't have mine

Should get it soon.  I ordered on March 31 and got it on April 8.

stguy

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2020, 12:28 PM »
You don't need it to go out right now, not until May 2nd I believe.

And if you did it online, all you need is the confirmation anyway.

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Should get it soon.  I ordered on March 31 and got it on April 8.
just got mine today in this afternoon mail

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.