FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628524 times)

choo choo

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1515 on: May 16, 2013, 01:07 PM »
I'm fishing my way through life .

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1516 on: May 16, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Sorry, I should have given a link. Thanks Dom.

Janns has Keough dry fly capes. They're not exhibition quality, but they're perfectly good for tying fishing flies. Keough seems to be one supplier who didn't fall prey to the women's fashion fads started by stupid Steven Tyler.  >:(

At one point I could have sold my dry fly capes for thousands.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1517 on: May 16, 2013, 03:20 PM »
KP - we had a real nice afternoon! Tank had his limit, I need one more so I gave him the camera and he shot this short vid of me putting one on the bank. Was gonna add music but the sound of the creek is better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPyrTmtH37I&feature=youtu.be

nice I enjoyed that bear stalking that poor trout ,  ;) thanks for sharing , nice stream and choo choo when in Pulaski try All Season Sports 

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1519 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Running low on good dry fly Hackle...where is the best place between Binghamton and Pulaski for good,reasonable, dry fly necks and capes?

Last time I was in the Cortland Outlet Store they had a big selection of stuff. Its a nice store...
We will be down your neck of the woods tomorrow and sat... Fishfry about 7 on friday, stop over iffin your in town...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

choo choo

« Reply #1520 on: May 19, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Last time I was in the Cortland Outlet Store they had a big selection of stuff. Its a nice store...
We will be down your neck of the woods tomorrow and sat... Fishfry about 7 on friday, stop over iffin your in town...

Dang...missed you guy's and a fish fry again!!Went up to camp  thusday nite ,to get it on the Oneida walleye shore bite  and last licks on some good steely sr action. Some great fishing going on right now...here and up there. Big D fished great last tues,wed, thurs so I needed a change of scenery and headed north. Hope to catch ya's next time DC.

choo choo

« Reply #1521 on: May 19, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the reply's for dry fly hackle locations..much appreciated.

Bartman44

« Reply #1522 on: Jun 10, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Bumping a good thread that shouldn't die.

I tried to will my way to the Cape recently but came down with one of the worst cases of poison ivy I've ever had. I had tied these rather large imitations with some existing materials and hooks I had hoping I  could place them in front of a nice bass in the canal if the opportunity presented itself close the shore. Unfortunately, I've been immobile with the ivy for a few weeks of no fishing but I now have the itch (pun intended) to get out again. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1523 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:14 PM »
"Leaves Of Three....Let It Be!"

Man, when I was a kid we had a cottage on Lake Ontario in the middle of nowhere. Being a kid, I explored everything, everywhere. Poison Ivy was a yearly occurrence. I hate to mention it, but the worst was when nature called and I obliged with hands carrying the oils from the ivy I'd come in contact with.

There's parts of the male anatomy that should never come in contact with poison ivy....NEVER! I remember walking around with a deep pink hue from the quarts of calamine lotion my Mom applied. I empathize :-\

I'll send you one of my newest furled leader creations to take your mind off your scars. 72", high vis butt...camo tip... for the 3.4.5.wt. I'm liking the first trials.

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1524 on: Jun 10, 2013, 06:22 PM »
Just reading the words poison ivy makes me break out in a rash! :-\ Worst thing ever!! I find myself going to the doctor for prescriptions most every year...clears up fast! My boy spends lots of time in the woods, comes home with the oils on his clothes, I grab them to put them in the wash....next thing.....you guys can figure out the rest!! ;) :o--KP 8)

Hey Bartman...where on the cape do you fish??
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1525 on: Jun 10, 2013, 07:48 PM »
KP..dont wipe your butt with leaves ::) ::) JMOP ;D

black55

« Reply #1526 on: Jun 11, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Has any one ever used pigeon feathers to tie flies with ? i raise pigeons so i could pick up loose ones esp when they are moulting .
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1527 on: Jun 11, 2013, 11:59 AM »
KP..dont wipe your butt with leaves ::) ::) JMOP ;D
Heaven's no! That's why there's a pocket on your tee shirt!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

perch-hound

« Reply #1528 on: Jun 11, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Bartman, I was on the cape fishing the canal on 6/1, 6/2, it was stone cold.
Fished from some beaches as well, no blues, no bass. Still learning that fishery to say the least.
I guess they are doing good from the boats though.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #1529 on: Jun 11, 2013, 02:52 PM »
I was on the cape this weekend (6/6-6/9) and the whole cape area was striper central.   Not tons of bigger fish (over 40"), but about as many as you could want in the 18"-34" range.  We caught lots of fish everywhere we tried...shore, boat - it was all very very good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.