FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628325 times)

oatkasut

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #4380 on: Mar 07, 2024, 01:14 PM »
Did see stones and BWO on Tuesday on the stream but struck out when it came to catching!Plus black gnats. Nice to get out in record breaking temp. of 73 deg. for March!water low and 45 deg.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #4381 on: Mar 07, 2024, 02:37 PM »
Very nice I'm finishing some hares ears and prince nymphs going to try a couple ponds tomorrow just got a order in from j stockyard think I may need to run up to the trout fitter some how I got low on stuff
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Walnut109

« Reply #4382 on: Mar 07, 2024, 03:13 PM »
Free for anyone that wants them.  First to reply gets them.  I have quite a few flank wood duck and a few hooded merganser feathers.  These are harvested by myself and I will mail for free. Send me a message.

Feathers are no longer available.  Thanks.

trapper2000

« Reply #4383 on: Mar 08, 2024, 01:23 PM »
 i think you guys that love flyfishing would really enjoy this movie it is the history of  hardys of england  rods reels and  all the family members and workers  from hardys .....i loved the movie  i found it on ruko .....but the  internet says   you tube  .....The Lost World Of Mr Hardy (2015)  if you love flyfishing and  history and classic  equipment this is a most see film ........it's a 2 to 3 beer and full bag of popcorn movie and i think i have a british accent now!!!! 

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Lost+World+Of+Mr+Hardy+(2015)&oq=The+Lost+World+Of+Mr+Hardy+(2015)+&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3.1965j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

" The losy world of Mr Hardy"

Flukeman

« Reply #4384 on: Mar 10, 2024, 09:17 AM »
i think you guys that love flyfishing would really enjoy this movie it is the history of  hardys of england  rods reels and  all the family members and workers  from hardys .....i loved the movie  i found it on ruko .....but the  internet says   you tube  .....The Lost World Of Mr Hardy (2015)  if you love flyfishing and  history and classic  equipment this is a most see film ........it's a 2 to 3 beer and full bag of popcorn movie and i think i have a british accent now!!!! 

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Lost+World+Of+Mr+Hardy+(2015)&oq=The+Lost+World+Of+Mr+Hardy+(2015)+&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3.1965j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

" The losy world of Mr Hardy"

Thanks Trap, really enjoyed the documentary!

trapper2000

« Reply #4385 on: Mar 11, 2024, 05:16 PM »
I been busy at the bench and hitting a pond I know ....tying one of my all around go to flies.

oatkasut

« Reply #4386 on: Mar 11, 2024, 09:30 PM »
The Hardy's film was great;thanks Trap. And that fly  is a winner!

trapper2000

« Reply #4387 on: Mar 14, 2024, 05:21 AM »
ok i got up early , looked for my glasses   10 minutes later i find them ....exactly where i left them , i make coffee ,slowest machine in the world , i set down at the bench ,good time to tie a few simple old flies ,with  nostalgic feelings running threw my  body i decide on my first fly ,the famous wolly worm ,i'm rather organized when tying and got out  what i needed .....wow i still have this old  olive thread  what a great time to use it.i did not realize  it was possessed by a anti fly fishing demon ,first i can't  get it the thread the bobbin then the bobbin was to tight no matter how i adjusted it ,it's ok it's the simplest pattern to tie . i couldn't get it to catch the hackel nor the chenille.....at this point i'm frustrated and my vocabulary is unfit for women ,children and most truck drivers .ok i have the  chenille wound up the hook shank  the hackel is looking good time to tie off ....the  blanky blank thread breaks  the hackel and chenille   unwind...i test the thread it's dry rotted and now it's in the trash can, i'm sitting here  drinking my coffee  and thinking i have enough flies for today we'll tie later .....

trapper2000

« Reply #4388 on: Mar 14, 2024, 05:29 AM »
and i just mis placed my glasses again ........________ IT !!!!!!

joefish1

« Reply #4389 on: Mar 14, 2024, 06:38 AM »
its Trump's fault 

trapper2000

« Reply #4390 on: Mar 14, 2024, 07:43 AM »
and here i was thinking i did a  joe  biden .......... :rotflol: so heres the deal ,man!

oatkasut

« Reply #4391 on: Mar 14, 2024, 10:37 AM »
your fly tying is like my fly fishing! :( :(

62 & Done

« Reply #4392 on: Mar 14, 2024, 11:46 AM »
your fly tying is like my fly fishing! :( :(
  I'll second that  LOL

lowaccord66

« Reply #4393 on: Mar 14, 2024, 07:43 PM »
I been busy at the bench and hitting a pond I know ....tying one of my all around go to flies.

I like it.  You guys might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/live/Gn0g3--rJAc?feature=shared

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4394 on: Mar 15, 2024, 03:56 AM »
My go to crappie and smalllouth fly. I’ve watched a bunch of the Tim and Tom shows. Tim is one of my favorite tyers. He and Davie McPhail have taught me a lot.tim gives simple , straight forward instruction. Davie is a magician. 
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.