FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Do Minnesotans hate the internet?  (Read 11039 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Do Minnesotans hate the internet?
« on: Aug 21, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Minnesota has the most registered anglers in the country, where is everybody!!! ???

Time to do some recruiting I think. ;)

I know there are other forums, but they are not nearly as fun, or have as good of members. :thumbup_smilie:

As far as Ice Shanty, Minnesota is ice fishing capitol of the World!!! We should be better represented than we are. ;D

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
Re: Do Minnesotans hate the internet?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I agree but it seems like all the other sites that I have found even if you peep a word of another web site you will be BANNED FOR LIFE so it is hard when you cant even get the word out I come on this site 100% of the time because it is just a great site even though no one is from the land of 10,000 lakes.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2006, 06:19 PM »
I agree, on those "other sites", they delete you for anything. You can at least speak your mind on here. If the members cant say what they think, what is the point of the forum?  Oh, I love the "pro staff" guys too, what a bunch of goofs. They pack in the ads, for sale posts everywhere, and when someone posts something really stupid, no one sets them straight, because you get deleted for flaming or criticising posts.

I like it just fine here, I just wish there were more of us.

TJ Bauer

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Yea it gets kind of wierd talking about fish and lakes you dont even know but its still fun.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2006, 09:14 PM »
I still lurk on those forums for ice conditions, events, and such. I rarely post, I just don't see the sense in it. One site in particular has a whole board for Mille Lacs, some of the things people post on there are so asinine. I live 10 minutes from Mille Lacs, I know the area, I grew up here. When someone gets on there and posts that the water is so low you cant launch your boat, and I know for a fact that there is WAY more than plenty, it makes me wonder. Ive seen a post on trout in the Rum River, give me a break! I make some circles with people who fish allot, people who aren't in a mental stupor, I think the Minnesota page has some serious room to grow. ;)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2006, 09:17 PM »
I still get a kick out of these guys lingo though. They call the icehouse a shanty and the eelpout a burbot. ;D

TJ Bauer

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2006, 02:46 AM »
its pretty fun on here you can talk about anyhting a want and not get a warning for it. I have seen the same type of things posted about lakes in my area and about all you can do is laugh.

pieman1998

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2006, 06:30 AM »
yes i thought for all the lakes you have there would be more posting . i'm from n.y. i was there 2 week ago we fish the miss. and had a real good time with wife's unlce fishing even that is was only one day. :D :thumbup_smilie:

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2006, 06:57 PM »
What part of the Mississippi? Shes a long stretch! ;)

pieman1998

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2006, 09:58 PM »
by lock 5

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Next time hit er up by or in Cass or Winnie. There can be some fantastic fishing there

Fishingking

« Reply #11 on: Aug 23, 2006, 10:16 PM »
I hit it once up above Winona   where the resturant is that was in Grumpy old man fished from that bridge up too the underwater dam or whatever that was the start of that lake :)  lots of nice river smallies and whites :deff a good time and diff experience  fishing the river
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2006, 08:38 AM »
I hit it once up above Winona   where the resturant is that was in Grumpy old man fished from that bridge up too the underwater dam or whatever that was the start of that lake :)  lots of nice river smallies and whites :deff a good time and diff experience  fishing the river

Wabasha??  ;)  10 minutes from me. ;D

Fishingking

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2006, 08:40 AM »
Wabasha??  ;)  10 minutes from me. ;D

yeah thats  the town lol   it slipped my mind  :) and the Lake is your lake Pepin right?
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Pikeguy

« Reply #14 on: Aug 24, 2006, 08:49 AM »
yeah thats  the town lol   it slipped my mind  :) and the Lake is your lake Pepin right?

Yep  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.