FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Do Minnesotans hate the internet?  (Read 11040 times)

fire831

Re: Do Minnesotans hate the internet?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2006, 10:29 AM »
You guys are getting me going. Now I'm gonna have to get those DVD's out and watch them for the 100th time. Both movies were great and I would love to come up and visit that town. Is it anything like in the movie or did they prop all that stuff?

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2006, 10:32 AM »
oh boy if I knew how to do that double quote thing. :D
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

Pikeguy

« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2006, 10:50 AM »
You guys are getting me going. Now I'm gonna have to get those DVD's out and watch them for the 100th time. Both movies were great and I would love to come up and visit that town. Is it anything like in the movie or did they prop all that stuff?

It's a little bit like it.

Desperado

« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Yah yooou betcha
Life here can often resemble scenes from dem dere mooofies, like Grumpy Old Men or even dat Fargo doancha know

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 06, 2006, 05:00 PM »
I liked NorthCountry, Charlise Theron with a "you betcha" accent makes me feel funny. ;D

esox slayer

« Reply #20 on: Sep 06, 2006, 05:06 PM »
I liked NorthCountry, Charlise Theron with a "you betcha" accent makes me feel funny. ;D

Make it Charlize with ANY accent for me.....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 06, 2006, 05:08 PM »
She was so close, I should have made my move!!!!!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #22 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:10 AM »

... and a little sweaty ;)
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #23 on: Sep 07, 2006, 03:35 PM »
oh baby... :o

Ray Colburn

• I Live To Fish
« Reply #24 on: Nov 12, 2006, 10:05 AM »
I'm from Indiana going to Rainey Lake in the second week of June renting a houseboat for a week. Want to know some info on what area to fish what will be bitting stuff like that. Any help  will be appreciated

Thanks

Ray Colburn
Ray Colburn

bronzback

« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2006, 09:35 PM »
I too am from Indiana and visit Minneapolis often on business.  I will be bringing my ice gear less "shanty" and hope for decent weather to do some ice fishing.  I always hear and see the fishing around the area, usually stay in the Coon Rapids area. 

Where is this area you speak of, is it further north?  I'll have to check an atlas.  I'll be checking the ice shanty web site for posts as well. 

Have some other enthusiast that I work with that do a lot of fair weather fishing, not sure how much ice fishing they do, but sure would like to get some experience in MN doing the ice thing.

B

thecanoeman

« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2007, 05:20 AM »
I'm from Indiana going to Rainey Lake in the second week of June renting a houseboat for a week. Want to know some info on what area to fish what will be bitting stuff like that. Any help  will be appreciated

Ray,  I'm from Michigan and I spend 4 to 6 weeks a year fishing in northern Minnesota mostly in the BWCA.
I have been to Rainy lake a few times, if it's Walleyes you're after I have had my best luck at shorty's reef and nearby Erickson's reef they're in Voyageur National park, and they're both  just south of Harrison's Island. we used leeches and minnow's on a lindy rig

crappiekeith

« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:28 PM »
I'm from Mn.,Palisade to be exact & I'll spend close to 200 days a year in one of Aitkin co.368 lakes or 600 miles of rivers&streams.
I'm pegged as a crappie guy ,but i'll go after everything that's biting.
True fishing sleeper is what my pops calls me.
I tie my own jigs & pour my own plastics and never or almost never use meat to catch the thousands of fish I get each year.

I've read this whole thread and agree about touchy mod's deleting your posts & or just flat out banning you.
I've been banned from 2 forums due to politics.

I now have learned not to peddle my jigs and let the pics do the talking.
It does help to have several guys using them & making the posts,blowin the horn for me if you will.
I've made a few posts here & nobody seems to be around much.
It was explained to me many have left due to politics as well.
I'm new here & do not know the history ,but I'll say that I fish a lot & I'll never lie about what I'm doing or what lake it was on.
I believe in helping not hiding out.

So if anyone ever wants to go rip lips ,just give me a shout.
CK

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 25, 2007, 04:00 PM »

I've read this whole thread and agree about touchy mod's deleting your posts & or just flat out banning you.
I've been banned from 2 forums due to politics.

CK

Politics and fishing mix as well as oil and water. Leave the agenda at the boat ramp and lets talk fishing.  ;)

Some other sites have such volume of garbage posts that the mods just get sick of it! We have a pretty good bunch here and on Ice Shanty, but there is always a little drama. :P

Welcome to the site! I hope you stick around and share a bit with us! These boards stay pretty quiet, but we have to start somewhere.

crappiekeith

« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2007, 09:41 AM »
I am an outdoorsman.I live for rearing & shooting.
I'll be posting my pics and video.
If there are any positve comments great.Let's talk,if there are slams I'll not respond plain & simple.
I do not have the time nor the energy to ward off attackers and the occasional jealous guy.
I do have the time to help teach my methods and share my lake knowledge
free of charge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.