FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: does no one fish in Minn.?  (Read 2640 times)

JKneibel

does no one fish in Minn.?
« on: Jun 18, 2008, 05:47 PM »
So ive noticed that no body seems to post anything in the Minnesota forum.  Interning in Minneapolis for the summer and lookin to do a bit of fishin.  Anyone know any good lakes to go?  Any information appreciated.
A bad day fishing and drinking beer is better than a good day at work.

bear

Re: does no one fish in Minn.?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Have been to the Boundary Waters many times. I have always went to Ely and then up to Moose Lake. It is about 4 1/2 hours from the Twin Cities. If this is to far of a drive you could get a state topo map and go from there. Good luck. bear

copperjohn

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Well, being a native MNer and resident for almost 40 years,  I can say the people there live to fish.  You will see the city locals catching wallys, bass, northerns, perch, sunnys, you name it- they fish for 'em.  In MPLS look on the river, especially nr St. Anthony Falls, all the lakes including Nakomis, Hiawatha, Calhoun.  There are really too many in the metro area to list.  The best thing to do is buy Metro area lake guide book, there are several good choices with detailed lake maps and solid advice on where to start.   If shore fishing, just be ready for the skeeters and always be on the watch for poison Ivy.

Minnetonka is Bass Heaven but you'll probably need a boat or canoe.  You could fish for eternity and not get to half of MN's best spots, the choices are staggering.  Serious anglers have their favorite areas like Mille lacs, Winnebegosh, Lake of the Woods, Alexandria area, Detroit Lakes, I could go on and on just listing popular areas.  Go to your local Gander Mountain,
Burger Bros, etc or small bait store and pick some brains. 

As to where are all the MN fishers online, well there is a state oriented forum which is very popular but I won't mention it's name here.

Hard ice

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Oh you mean i should make up lies here too   ??? i mean fishing reports  :D 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.