FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624368 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #3540 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Westermas pm sent just waiting your reply so I can get them out to ya

bigal409

« Reply #3541 on: Apr 20, 2018, 05:00 AM »
Hey Big Guy. Where's mine? You need my address too?  ;D ;D ;D

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3542 on: Apr 20, 2018, 05:42 AM »
Hey Big Guy. Where's mine? You need my address too?  ;D ;D ;D
.......I think I can find your house don't you live next door to all them ppl that don't talk..

bigal409

« Reply #3543 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:55 AM »
Yup.  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

FrankM

« Reply #3544 on: Apr 21, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Thanks to Big Guy and Size Matters for the messages and to all you guys on MFF for all the info. This mop jig concept intrigues me so much I went and bought a fly vise and some jig heads, thread, maribou and cement and a Libman hand duster and started cutting the fingers off and trying to tie some up. My first attempts are pretty crude but each successive jig is a little better than the previous one. Not bad for a clutzy old fart with fat fingers. Can't wait to test them out.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #3545 on: Apr 21, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Thanks to Big Guy and Size Matters for the messages and to all you guys on MFF for all the info. This mop jig concept intrigues me so much I went and bought a fly vise and some jig heads, thread, maribou and cement and a Libman hand duster and started cutting the fingers off and trying to tie some up. My first attempts are pretty crude but each successive jig is a little better than the previous one. Not bad for a clutzy old fart with fat fingers. Can't wait to test them out.
So it begins.  Next thing you know, you'll be sitting there with a couple boxes of fur and feathers, half a dozen empty jig and hook packages and scraps of thread and tinsel, wondering where the last three hours went.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

FrankM

« Reply #3546 on: Apr 21, 2018, 06:58 PM »
3 hours tying flies or working on other fishing stuff beats 3 hours watching fake news or trash TV. I like making my own stuff, growing stuff, working on little projects.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #3547 on: Apr 22, 2018, 01:21 PM »
Post some pics. Geo.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3548 on: Apr 22, 2018, 10:49 PM »
.....I'm sure you did fine my little guy is 9 he ties his own...and he catches fish with them..by no means are they perfect..but he's full of happiness because he tied them and catches fish..sometimes he out fished me with his tie over mine.😂🤣😂🤣

boondox

« Reply #3549 on: Apr 23, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Exactly like big guy saI'd any fly is fine sooner or later you will catch fish with it and it will put a big smile on your face.. if you want help please ask for it I don't like throwing help out some time cause some take it wrong way.. if you or any one ever need help just ask either by pm or by post.. I am sure we all wI'll be glad to help...

MattyP123

« Reply #3550 on: Apr 23, 2018, 08:41 PM »

#18 CDC dun. Thing lands like a snow flake. Fish should be looking up pretty soon!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #3551 on: Apr 24, 2018, 03:57 AM »
Nice!  Some day I'll venture into trying some like that......
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

FrankM

« Reply #3552 on: Apr 28, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Here is a pic of my first attempts at mop jigs.

Then Big Guy kindly sent me some materials and a bobbin and some step by step pics and now they are starting to look better.

Now I need an illuminated magnifier so I can actually see what I am doing.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3553 on: Apr 28, 2018, 05:09 PM »
NICE! Way to pay it forward Bigguy!

Keep at it Frank. Nothing better than catching fish on your own creations.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3554 on: Apr 28, 2018, 05:52 PM »

big guy has helped me too with where to find colors and how to tie them ,still on the hunt for more colors,when me and wife are out ill say"stop here real quick" she thinks its funny ,like a scavenger hunt
these jigs are so simple to tie but really work and a blast coming up with color combos
im gonna tie some bigger ones this week and give them a shot for eyes on opening weekend on onieda

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.