FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 1152 times)

Teacherpreacher

Weather
« on: Nov 09, 2023, 07:28 AM »
Well, the old weatherman did it to me again! Winterized the old Starcraft fishing boat last weekend and now we have temps in the mid 50's pushing 60's!!!! Duh! Those bluegills at Stone and Pine are swimming in those 8' weed beds in La Porte just getting fat! Guess I'll put on some sun screen and see if there are any ducks swimming  around? Probably not! >:(
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Mac Attack

Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2023, 07:37 AM »
If it is an I/O - not worth the risk, unless you can keep it from freezing somehow - elect heat tape, light bulb, heated storage, etc.

If it's an outboard no need to winterize typically because they all self drain.

However, if your lower end leaks and the grease has water in it.................all bets are off.

Don't feel bad Teach.  You did the right thing.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2023, 07:52 AM »
I have a 30hp Evinrude E-Tech and it is super easy to winterize. Just add additive to gas tank, run motor for 15 seconds at fast idle, lower speed for i5 seconds, back up to fast idle until it automatically shuts off. Done! Problem is I put plastic over canvas cover with bungees and have wheels off ground. Done for the year!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2023, 04:01 PM »
I have a 30hp Evinrude E-Tech and it is super easy to winterize. Just add additive to gas tank, run motor for 15 seconds at fast idle, lower speed for i5 seconds, back up to fast idle until it automatically shuts off. Done! Problem is I put plastic over canvas cover with bungees and have wheels off ground. Done for the year!
Teach

OK.
So, it's the non-motor winterizing preventing you from going out in it.
Gotcha!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.