FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336783 times)

filetandrelease

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #630 on: Nov 24, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Congrats Bob that was worth the time spent 👍🏻
Now get your Arz ready for some ice ripp-n

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #631 on: Nov 24, 2018, 06:25 AM »
dead that's a  nice deer  man  :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Dug1898

« Reply #632 on: Nov 24, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Awesome buck Deadeyez!! That's a real dandy buck for sure.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #633 on: Nov 24, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Thanks guys! I’m still on cloud 9 lol
Nice job findin em

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #634 on: Nov 24, 2018, 11:29 AM »
That's a great buck, bigger than most have shot, including me, good job man!!

I got a nice doe and a button buck and my buddy got a button buck on state lands this a.m., almost tagged out!!
done dirt cheap!

trapper2000

« Reply #635 on: Nov 24, 2018, 12:52 PM »
That's a great buck, bigger than most have shot, including me, good job man!!

I got a nice doe and a button buck and my buddy got a button buck on state lands this a.m., almost tagged out!!

thats  some  nice  steaks and  back straps right there  :thumbup_smilie:

reeleyz

« Reply #636 on: Nov 24, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Great buck Bobby! Way to stay after him!

kc

« Reply #637 on: Nov 24, 2018, 03:15 PM »
nice buck, I have to go to KS for deer like that

reeleyz

« Reply #638 on: Nov 24, 2018, 03:43 PM »
Nice job Deeds! Lots of good eats there.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #639 on: Nov 24, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Good eats there deeds! Congrats man
Nice job findin em

trapper2000

« Reply #640 on: Nov 25, 2018, 07:33 AM »
I  didn't see  many hunters  but I seen some nice deer taken for  sure  ..... I do notice  the  difference in how  many deer I see because theres not as many people pushing them as there use to be .....and I as a older shooter really am glad I got to hunt with my cross  bow  I had a lot of  shoulder  issues and the doctor  said  noooooooooooo bow hunting this  year  but  the  cross bow  kept this ole  boy in the game .....  good luck and a great job  folks love  the pictures 

nh3fitter

« Reply #641 on: Nov 25, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Any deer can be a trophy its in the eyes of the one that shot it. Today my brother 64 years old shot his second deer of his life. Never has time to hunt always working and family obligations. Just have fun enjoy the woods and family.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #642 on: Nov 26, 2018, 05:45 AM »
I had the honor of taking my grandfather out on his last hunt. He had a bad heart and they put a pig artery in there to fix it and told him he would feel 15 yrs younger so he started walking and staying active and I started begging him and my uncle to hunt with me. He finally agreed and I set my uncle up to the left and my grandpa up to the right of me. About an hour or so after daylight I seen a small doe cone out and it was going straight towards my uncle so I didn't shoot, a few minutes later I heard him shoot a d roll it down the hill, 1st deer for him in yrs  so I go over and I'm helping him get it when we hear grandpa shoot, then shoot again, and again and then I start running over and he shoots two more times lol. I get over to where he is and he's fumbling with bullets trying not to fall coming down the hill i ask him you hit one? He says yeah its down in that brush over there, I get over to it and it picks itself up on it's front legs then let out a demon sounding grunt and had lunged at me. I step back and asked Gramps if I should shoot it he said he wanted to so he came over and without thinking shot it through the neck. This thing now has 6 holes and it's not dead yet....so my uncle tells him to shoot it in the heart(I try and do this on the 1st time now) he does and it finally expired. He shot this poor 4pt under the butthole, above the front hoove, above the back hoove, once in the hind qtr, once in the neck once in the back spine and once in the heart, yes folks 7 times, he was not very proud of his marksmanship lol! But it was the only deer we ever got to shoot together and he got it mounted. Just a 4 pt. It was a great trophy to him and I love telling the story to whoever will listen. Trophy's are truly in the eye of the beholder.
done dirt cheap!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #643 on: Nov 26, 2018, 06:15 AM »
After hauling deer out of the woods for friends this season,  I finally got to carry my own. A balmy -2 degree Thanksgiving morning with a beautiful frosty sunrise,

I got this doe and a nice 3pt. My buddy dragged him out with his atv.

It doesn't look it in the trailer picture, but the doe outweighed the buck by a good 30-35 pounds. A real horse.
The electric cart has been great for hunting. Nice and quiet.
I hauled out this buck and three other hunters in one trip through a 1/2 mile ride back to camp.

Dug1898

« Reply #644 on: Nov 26, 2018, 08:48 AM »
That's a great story dirtydeeds. Your story reminded me of my first deer...I shot it at least 5 times! I can't remember exactly how many times I shot that poor 7 pointer. But I got him and just like your gramps, I was very proud.
My father passed away long before I was of hunting age, I wish I'd had the kind of opportunity you've just had.
Well done and it's a hunt you guys can remember and talk and laugh about forever now.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.