MFF US Midwest > Indiana

Snow/ James 3-12

(1/1)

ice dude:
Dad and I got out for our first boat trip of the year. We found water temps from 39-52 degs. We fished from 11:00- 5:30. The day started by running up to north snow bay, we caught 9 bass all under legal size. lost 2 by the boat that might have just bumped. While in the back of the one channel we found a nice pod of gills so we caught 10 for the table and lost 2 crappie.From there we headed back down to James to try for some deeper fish by only caught 2 more sub legals. but size didnt really matter, it was just really nice to be out enjoying the wonderful weather. No pike or smallies were caught today.
 We talked to a few guys that were out fishing and the one only had 2 fish and another guy had one about 5 and another in the 3 lb range. so he said.

Kevin

angolajones:
What did you catch the bass on the main lake with? 

Jonesy

ice dude:
We got one on a trap and the other came on a silver buddy. both in about 20-25' of water. we were actually trying to get into some smallies.

yogi:
I had one good day out at snow last week.  I ended up with 39.  I had 17 crappie and 22 bluegills.  I was using a ice fly with a bee moth and a regular plain hook for the crappie.  Fishing about 3 feet down in about 6 fow. 

Greg2ha:
How is the fishing on James and Snow? I plan on putting the pier in at my
grandparents house next week while the kids are on spring break. I will
be at the north end of the lake by snow. Not sure if I am taking boat with me or not. It's kinda a working getaway.
Later Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version