MFF US Midwest > Indiana

Pulled a 24 hour fishing bender and then went back today

<< < (2/2)

Jigmup:
Not the Maumee Daffy, but I heard they are catching them there as well. You might look below Alum Creek or CJ Brown.  ;)

YR bender:
Great job, Jigmup. Way to spank them while you can. What fun to be able to do what you and Shawn did. Makes me a little envious, but way to go.

hardysf:
thanks for the info. Is night after dark still the best time to fish for them? Or can you catch them during the day too? And do you get them with a jig and mr. Twister, or is a minnow and jig for effective?

thanks again

Jigmup:
Hardy almost all of my fish that I catch while wading my home lake come right at twilight. Thats during prespawn. I use jigheads with a hook down the throat and out the back. Sometimes when the fish are riding a little higher I will put a twister on and tip it with a minnow. This slows the fall of the bait considerably and keeps it in the strike zone longer. Remember to be stealthy. Lake wading is different than river wading. Sound spooks 'em. In rivers, day fishing can be good. My last batch of fish came mostly between 2:00 and 5:00 pm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version