FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thill Float  (Read 8912 times)

dakota

Thill Float
« on: Jun 13, 2015, 06:14 PM »
 Earlier this year I found this float when I was fishing. I broke it today, can anyone tell me where I can buy a float with the ball on the end like this or do you think this was a homemade job. The ball on the end made it super easy to see

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
Re: Thill Float
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2015, 12:03 AM »
looks like a custom job to me.

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2015, 02:36 PM »
could get some bamboo skewers for cooking on the bbq and repair it? brake the end with the ball off then take and drill a hole in it length wise the way the line went threw it if it is a slip bobber...   to fit the skewer then take and epoxy it in then take a bright colored bead drill it out larger i use trout beads and before you epoxy it to the end that had the round bulb on it.. add some small silicone hose to the bamboo skewer to make it so you can hold line on it. thread the line threw the silicone tubing with a needle when used.. you can even repaint it all it's up to you i even have a ton of bass and balsa wood for tuning my own floats  for steel head float fishing... skies the limits with this gear.  i can turn them in a drill or drill press or on a wood working lathe  but i am guessing it is a custom job the one you got is...   

slipperybob

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2015, 05:02 PM »
There are a few Thill floats with the strike indicator ball on top, but Gapen floats are designed like that.  Personally, I don't like to pay double cost for the expensive Gapen floats.  Will Iine breaks and float floats away...that hurts the whole fishing morale.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2015, 09:51 PM »
Crappiehunter wants his bobber back :D

papadarv

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2015, 08:19 PM »
I have a bunch of these, get them at either Fleet Farm or Walmart both carry them here in MN.
The two in the photo are from my Ice Box, other soft water box is in my boat with my son on Rush Lake. I have two with a ball only the ball is yellow vs. red. They come in a number of sizes.
The one on the left is about 5/16 wide. Right is a slip. If you can't find any let me know PM. I can help.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2015, 07:50 AM »
checked thill webbsite but didn't see that particular one...maybe discontinued but one of our sponsors fishusa has quite a nice assortment of floats.

www.thill.com fishusa.com
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

dakota

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Decided to make my own. I think they turned out ok.

boondox

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2015, 08:15 PM »
Look good to me...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.