FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Leaky Neoprene Waders  (Read 3990 times)

RJP

Leaky Neoprene Waders
« on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:09 PM »

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!!

I have neoprene waders with rubbers boots.  Last time out in the fall, they leaked right where the neoprene leg meets the rubboer on the boot.

What would you suggest to fix this.

TIA

Russ

BigRocks

Re: Leaky Neoprene Waders
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:03 AM »
Don't think they can be repaired,   :'( SORRY

oldfishead

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2007, 09:03 AM »
look at a product called SHOE-GOO , great stuff .    may be just what you're lookin for .    i use it on all kinds shoe &   rubber repairs .   it comes in black or clear
    good luck - oldfishead !!!!

fozsey

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2007, 03:47 AM »
I'm afraid this may be a losing battle for you. I have a neoprene pair of waders that are 15 years old and I haven't worn them in a few years but I have a feeling that if I ever do I might have the same problem. I think that age will dry the material around the boot area making it less flexible and succeptable to cracking. Give the shoe goo a try like oldfishead suggested since you really have nothing to lose.

TrekJeff

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2007, 02:18 PM »
That my friend is the last nail in the coffin.  You can get by for a while with stuffing goo in it to stop the leak, but odds are it leaks because the rubber is starting to dry out and crack.  You may be able to take an old bike inner tube and cut it open length wise.  Then wrap it around with alot of goooo.  If that doesn't work you can always cut off the boots for spring cleaning and save the neoprene for tying up water spiders for gills...

Other than that...get a new pair, nowadays you can find a decent pair for around 60 bucks.  For future reference, when storing them don't fold them at that seam to the boots.  I learned the hard way too.

rockhound57

• can't wait to fish
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2007, 06:34 PM »
another suggestion is to try some wet suit repair glue, it should be the right type material, neoprene, available at Dive shops or dive sites.

www.trisports.com              www.scuba.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/103-7165780-8999859?url=me%3DAMRFYMDZRTAWB&field-keywords=neoprene+cement&Go.x=12&Go.y=10

tight lines, singing drags,  AND DRY FEET ;) :tipup:
Too Soon Old - Too Late Smart!

kraz

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2007, 07:09 AM »
I have used hot melt glue to patch my neoprene waders with good success.

Kraz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.