FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: got a question!  (Read 2220 times)

JRSwillow

got a question!
« on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:02 PM »
has anyone heard of North American Fishing Club?

slipperybob

Re: got a question!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Life member!

ask away.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

JRSwillow

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:38 PM »
they jus sent me a envelope filled with stickers and pamphlets, says they want me test their equipment,
not a scam slipperybob? pre stoked for it, do they do what they say there gonna do if i send back the form??

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:43 PM »
yup

JRSwillow

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:48 PM »
they say that if a product comes in that fits your type of fishing they will send it on a (first come first serve), im not sure what they mean by that....do they want me to call or something or is like a random choice of testers??

BBK

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Be warned, you have to be a member to field test. and by returning that letter you agree to sign up (it costs money).

JRSwillow

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Be warned, you have to be a member to field test. and by returning that letter you agree to sign up (it costs money).
it says $1 a month, is it actually morethan that?

slipperybob

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2010, 09:30 PM »
The product testing is not a scam but pretty close to a joke.  It's one of the marketing strategy to hook you into subscribing.

I tested some hand poured grub that's unknown.  If it's junk, then there's no point in product testing.  That's kind of how they go about it.  I suspect that if you're willing to test some unknown junk for several years and give it high marks then maybe they'll begin to let you test some real stuff.  Personally I haven't got the time for that and it's a joke to me.  They haven't sent me anything else to test afterwards.  It's been like over ten years maybe close to fifteen years since I've tested the junk plastic grubs.

As for learning how to become a better fisherman, it's the information in the magazines that's paved a path for me into learning how to become a better fisherman myself.  It's not Infisherman, but it's another view into it.

Plus they have free gear giveaway contest for members.  Personally I've never won anything, but who knows.  Maybe one of these days, I'll vouch that it's legit.  ;D  They have lots of free stuff to get people to subscribe to become life members.  Back in the days, I only got stickers, patches, key chain ornament, some cheap bait hooks, some Trilene lines, and some Berkley Power bait sample package.  

slipperybob

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2010, 09:36 PM »
The best free gift I've ever got from the club was a plastic storage flip folder.  I use it and it's great quality.  I've had it for several years, maybe close to ten years or so.

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2010, 10:50 AM »
I agree with slipperybob. I had exactly the same experiance he did, and received the same junk. After not receiving anything decent, just huge useless hooks and 40 lb test line (for panfishing, right..) for 4 years, I cancelled. I'll stick with In Fisherman and Walleye World. >:(
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

imfishing

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Life member here and I have to agree with previous posts. They send a lot of items that don't fit your
preferred fishing style ( 6/0 hooks for trout for an example ). If your reading any magazine and experimenting
with some new techniques you don't need such trinkets.

threeten

• I fish,therefore,I lie!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 21, 2010, 09:38 PM »
always sending more sales pitches to me more than anything else,well only sale items actually. north american hunting club is the same way! my 2 cents.

slipperybob

« Reply #12 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:12 AM »
You can always read the forums section in that club.  Lots of complaining about the club, but there's always some people who only can complain.  Then again there's also others who like to talk as if they're on a pedestal.  LOL's, as if I care about their business, until they start lashing out at me personally.  Then I just have to tell them how wrong they are.  Yep, I guess I kind of like it to make it my business to tell them they're wrong after they make me their business.  ;D

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Too high pressure for me.  I'll take the mag In-fisherman any day for good fishing reading.

I don't like be obligated to do or buy anything.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

pyle

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:24 AM »
Im a life member and have recieved alot of stuff.

Numerous packs of line,hooks,snap swivels,and I have gotten a Rod and reel combo too. I got 4 fillet knives,and a tackle box.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.