FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake michigan  (Read 32691 times)

Spencerville

Re: Lake michigan
« Reply #210 on: Aug 10, 2019, 01:51 PM »
In my low experience fishing them up there... my helix 7 is my buddy... it made all the difference for me while drifting.

Hope you still enjoyed the trip abishop

abishop

« Reply #211 on: Aug 10, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Was Washington pk launch open,I don’t like giving the marina money to launch
Was up there last weekend. Went to the zoo. The speed boats were practicing before the race on Sunday. CROWDED.....The launch is free? Thought the only free launch was the Hammond Marina. If Washington Park is free, I think you still have to pay to park??? At least I had to. Correct me if I am wrong.

abishop

« Reply #212 on: Aug 10, 2019, 02:52 PM »
In my low experience fishing them up there... my helix 7 is my buddy... it made all the difference for me while drifting.

Hope you still enjoyed the trip abishop
Always a good day to be out. I think the chinook are coming close to shore. Last week I saw a few dead ones belly up. The perch are probably on their way out to deeper waters. IMHO. Only marked 2 pods all morning covering a lot of water.

Spooled85

« Reply #213 on: Aug 10, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Out now got some really big ones and counting .....

Spencerville

« Reply #214 on: Aug 10, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Always a good day to be out. I think the chinook are coming close to shore. Last week I saw a few dead ones belly up. The perch are probably on their way out to deeper waters. IMHO. Only marked 2 pods all morning covering a lot of water.

Interesting... I marked some large fish 5 to 7' off the bottom last week...wondered what they were... they don't feed on perch do they?

abishop

« Reply #215 on: Aug 10, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Out now got some really big ones and counting .....
I was thinking later in the day may be better. What depth is working best 4 u?

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #216 on: Aug 10, 2019, 06:35 PM »
When I launch at Washington pk I’m there when no one is collecting money and no one when I leave,am I missing something

Spooled85

« Reply #217 on: Aug 10, 2019, 06:43 PM »
I was all over Bishop from 24 to 38 . And yes if no one is at the gate they can't charge you to launch at the beach. BUT they start collecting at 7 am . At some point here soon the quit charging for the season . But I wanna say it was 25 or 27 to launch a boat there . Unless you have a beach sticker

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #218 on: Aug 10, 2019, 08:05 PM »
Well I’ll be out tomorrow cost not a factor at this point.Would just like to find some good fish.Marine forecast is south winds with 1 foot or less waves .Any one else going to chase or find some odd tomorrow,oh and will chiefs be open early tomorrow

Spencerville

« Reply #219 on: Aug 10, 2019, 08:56 PM »
I was all over Bishop from 24 to 38 . And yes if no one is at the gate they can't charge you to launch at the beach. BUT they start collecting at 7 am . At some point here soon the quit charging for the season . But I wanna say it was 25 or 27 to launch a boat there . Unless you have a beach sticker

I paid 25 a few weeks ago... when we left that place was a mad house with all walks of life...

Spencerville

« Reply #220 on: Aug 10, 2019, 08:58 PM »
Well I’ll be out tomorrow cost not a factor at this point.Would just like to find some good fish.Marine forecast is south winds with 1 foot or less waves .Any one else going to chase or find some odd tomorrow,oh and will chiefs be open early tomorrow

I believe they open at 7am

wallin

« Reply #221 on: Aug 10, 2019, 10:52 PM »
Fished M C east today and it kicked my butt, worse day I had in over a month.
Small fish, no fish schools. Nice day on the water. Was a very early bite I'm told and I was at the marina at 6am.
Oh well Fish On, next time. I like the Tail Creek Marina.
Wallin

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #222 on: Aug 11, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Managed 6 nice perch today,very slow and fish were scattered.I would catch the nicer ones when there wasn’t even a mark on my locater go figure .About 5 dollars a fish with cost of trip but a day on the big lk is priceless

Spencerville

« Reply #223 on: Aug 11, 2019, 05:28 PM »
When does the perch fishing shut down up there?

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #224 on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:19 PM »
I think real soon I was marking some huge returns on locater down about 20 ft in 32 ft depth of water.I would think they are something other than trash fish but I could be wrong.Wish I had under water camera

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.