FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hand Held GPS  (Read 2941 times)

jd110tlb

Hand Held GPS
« on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I am looking for a hand held GPS unit . I know nothing about any kind of GPS LOL. Want something to use in my canoe fishing ponds and lakes in the Adirondacks. would like some thing thats shows depths but not sure its available for the smaller waters. Just
want to see what everyone is using and how they use it . Thanks Todd

duck

Re: Hand Held GPS
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2010, 05:36 PM »
I've been lookin for the same thing.  My sister said Cabelas has something like this but I havent seen it. 
"Born to fish...forced to work!!"

jd110tlb

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2010, 05:51 PM »
Gander Mtn has some but of course no one there know there butt from a hole in the wall. i want something that has maps of lakes but most of the lakes and ponds i fish are small

solman

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2010, 09:13 PM »
A handheld GPS map with a good map chip may give you what you want.  It will be hard to find one with ponds.  You may want to check "Lakemaster"  to see if they have the lakes in your area.  Then just get a handheld you like.  I'm a garmin uses but lowrance is just as good.  Lakemaster has map chips for all major brands.
Hope this helps a bit.

Peace and Good Wishes

jd110tlb

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2010, 04:40 PM »
A handheld GPS map with a good map chip may give you what you want.  It will be hard to find one with ponds.  You may want to check "Lakemaster"  to see if they have the lakes in your area.  Then just get a handheld you like.  I'm a garmin uses but lowrance is just as good.  Lakemaster has map chips for all major brands.
Hope this helps a bit.

Yes helps a lot thanks.  Now i just wish i didn't have to drive 2 hours to look at some  >:(. I guess thats what you get for living in the sticks LOL

solman

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Thank goodness for the world wide web?  You may want to look at these:

http://www.Lowrance.com/Products/Outdoors/

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145

I am a garmin guy with handhelds GPS and a Lowrance the my mounted gear.  I have a garmin Oregon 200 with a Lakemaster chip which is awesome.  Its touch screen so its hard to run with gloves on. 
Peace and Good Wishes

jd110tlb

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Thanks for the links solman.  I have looked at a lot online but its one of those thing you want to hold in your hand and play with be for you dump $400 or so. Thanks

solman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:06 PM »
I here ya, let me know what you do.  I'm interested. 
Peace and Good Wishes

crazy man

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Go to the Garmin site and shop for lake maps.  You will find that Garmin has a demo that allows you to surf their maps and see if your favorite water is there.  They are constantly adding new waters with every edition including some really rarely used ones.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/us/maps/onthewatermaps   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.