FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Advice on Finder...  (Read 2469 times)

PeterSaloom

Advice on Finder...
« on: Mar 27, 2011, 07:51 AM »
 Hi guys,
   Thought I would throw this one out there and I know I will get a ton of input. This site is always great with that. So I am looking to add a finder to my small setup. I am an amateur fisherman. I go out a lot! I have a small 10ft. bass boat with an electric motor (so nothing fancy). I want to get a finder that will actually increase my catch. It probably has to bee a portable model since I carry the boat to and from the water and would need to remove the transducer. I think... So what would be worth my money in this category? I can't wait to hear what you think.

Thanks,
Pete

filetandrelease

Re: Advice on Finder...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2011, 09:09 AM »
you could look at the lowrance 67c also can be used for ice fishing but there is some others out there depends what the budget is 

tbfisherman

• FISH SAFE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2011, 09:29 AM »

Hi...You don't have to attach the transducer to the boat...another option is to attach the
transducer to the bottom of your electric trolling motor housing.
I personally am a Hummingbird Guy and lots of reasonably priced units on the Market.
Here is a Link how to mount the transducer.

http://www.humminbird.com/pdf/transducer_faq/TrollingMotor.pdf

Bob

BoutTime

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2011, 05:27 PM »
Humminbird has worked well for me as well, Id recommend them as an option for sure.

SC3432

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2011, 06:42 PM »
I'm looking for the same thing. I think I am probably going to go with the lowrance x67 since it can be used for both open water and ice fishing.  have read lots of good reviews on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.