FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Toy  (Read 15457 times)

Baitbucket

Re: New Toy
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2015, 07:28 AM »
Ok so, that screw is the low speed . The high speed is fixed.

Baitbucket

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2015, 05:20 PM »
Success!! Got the carb back together and shes running much better. Will test on the water later this week.

Here is a pic of the new plugs after running at idle for about 5 mins, with a couple quick revs.

Hows this look? All 3 were about the same.

Yachtzy

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00 PM »
  That plug looks to be a little wet and fouled. It looks black, it should be more of an off white, tanish color on the electrode and porcelin jacket I believe. Throw a new set in before you take it on a test run, and see how it operates under load.
  I just did a quick search on iboats.com, all the gurus point to cleaning out the bowl and high speed jet.
  Another thought I had was, are the chokes opening up completely? By the looks of that plug, it seem as though it's running rich.
  Here is a pic of a plug I just pulled out of a 2 stoke that's running good.

Baitbucket

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04 AM »
Those plugs are brand new, just put in prior to this pic. That black stuff wiped right off. I thought it looked a little rich too. I called the Dealer and they said the high speed jet is fixed and cant be adjusted. The only other screw i see is this one, but its labled as "Pilot Jet" there is no spring behind it like other high/low speed jets. The scematic doesnt list a high or low speed jet either. There is also no mention of them in the service manual.

Here is the screw i see on the carb and what it looks like. Right now its in all the way snug. If i turn it just a little its loose enough to vibrate out or take out with your fingers.

GrizlyGarou

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2015, 06:10 AM »
I think there's a relatively new EPA regulation that made it so newer carbs can't be adjusted, I might be wrong about that though. Maybe that screw right where the fuel line comes in is an adjustment? Not sure what else it would do...

Boats are fun. You get one to fish from, then you spend all your fishing time fixing it...

Baitbucket

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12 AM »
Maybe that screw right where the fuel line comes in is an adjustment? Not sure what else it would do...

Thats not the fuel line, its just a drain tube for the bowl. U loosen the small bolt before it and any fuel in the carb drains out.

GrizlyGarou

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Oh. I got nothing then...

Knot there yet

« Reply #82 on: Jun 08, 2015, 05:29 PM »
Vacuum leak around carb. Start motor spray starter fluid over intake manifold if idle or engine speed changes you have a leak. Was a problem that I had drove me crazy only WOT. Always something. I was told cracked intake manifold replaced gasket problem went away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.