FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How much do you fish????  (Read 4550 times)

blweyant

How much do you fish????
« on: May 05, 2004, 10:13 AM »
My name is Brian and i have a Problem.....Im a fish aholic.. LOL
i wanted to see if there were other people as crazy as me.  I fish alot compared to my other friends how are married with kids.  I fish at least 2 times a week and sometimes fish as many as 4 times a week and when i say times i mean ill go to Crannberry lake in the morning and High point lake in the evening.
So how much do all of you all fish???

Troutgod

Re: How much do you fish????
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Cranberry and high point lake in new jersey?...i fish everyday for an hour at least

blweyant

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:53 AM »
thats a good bit slipbob.  sounds like you understand what im talkin about.  i live to fish and spend time with my wife and kids and that leaves no time for anything else.

Sounds like you do good walleye fishin .

blweyant

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Crannberry Glade lake and High Point lake in PA.... I wish i could do that troutgod but with two little children you cant do that... i watch the kids in the morning while my wife works and then i work in the evening so doesnt leave time for fishin during the week much.

mongo

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 11:06 AM »
Living on a lake makes it easier to go fishing almost every night after work and on the weekends I am out 2 -3 times a day. Sometimes yard work gets in the way but I try not to let that happen.

blweyant

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 11:31 AM »
Ill tell you what mongo you cant let yard work get in the way.....ill do yard work when its raining and snowing and ill do it when i get home at night in the dark......LOL ;D
i have to say i do wish i lived on a lake but i guess you cant have it all..

Somers

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Everyday for a couple hours if I can.  Doesn't always happen working 2 jobs, wedding planning, turkey hunting,.....What's yard work???lol.

Generally I'm out 3-5x/week.

My biggest problem this time of year is prioritizing what I want to target.  There's so much going on where I am right now it's a difficult decision. 

Stripers in the Hudson, Trout in the reservoirs and streams, Crappies in the ponds and lakes, walleyes and picks in the reservoirs, flounders/schoolie stripers in the salty bays, did I metion turkey hunting?  Difficult to say the least.

Troutgod

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 01:04 PM »
Crannberry Glade lake and High Point lake in PA.... I wish i could do that troutgod but with two little children you cant do that... i watch the kids in the morning while my wife works and then i work in the evening so doesnt leave time for fishin during the week much.
Thats what nighttime fishing is for...When im working i hit the stream at lunch and then after work

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Before I was married, I was out fishing or hunting 7 days a week unless I had a commitment or weather prohibited me from doing it.  Now, I have a kid who is involved in both soccer and softball, so my free time is used mostly for her.  I plan my fishing trips around that, so I get out about once per week now on weekends.  If I'm lucky and can schedule a day off work or fish when I get home from work on a weekday, then I may get out twice each week.

On one hand I envy those who can get out so often, but on the other hand, I wouldn't trade what I have in my family for the world.

Cider

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Two or three times during the week and at least once on the weekends.  It really depends on the time of year and how "hot" the fishing is.  If the trout are really hitting in my favorite fly fishing spots, then I am out nearly everyday at least for an hour or so.

This year I am focused on turkey hunting so the fishing has slacked a little...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 04:35 PM »
during my schoolyear prob. 1 time/week. during summer, 3 times/week.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 05:03 PM »
I play fastball two times a week, do things with the wife a few times a week, so I usually get out at least once a week if I can in the summer. This weekend it's opening weekend, so it's a boy's weekend. camping, drinking, fishing, and ohhh don't forget the singalongs around the campfire. :o
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

reubenpa

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 05:05 PM »
2-3 times a week.. but not enough!! lol
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

mongo

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 06:00 PM »
BLWEYANT
I tell you I try not to let the yard work get in the way, that may be thee reason it has takne me 3 years to finish my stone walls. If the work does get in the way it is nice to get out there after dark when everyone is gone and I have the whole lake to myself. I have caught some of my best fish late at night, it is much more peaceful as well.

chrisfrank

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 07:49 PM »
I normally fish 2-3 times a week, but only for a couple hours at a time.  about every other week i'll get out for a good part of the day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.