FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Navionics + questions  (Read 1602 times)

Stonecat

Navionics + questions
« on: Jun 11, 2020, 04:05 PM »
   Picked up Navionics+ card went online-registered and ran the latest updates. Problem is some lakes contours are in feet and some lakes are in meters. ??? Support informs me charts are now in meters.  >:( Any sollutions/suggestions ?

Mac Attack

Re: Navionics + questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2020, 04:50 PM »
Well that kinda sux

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2020, 07:12 AM »
Meters? For freshwater? That's dumb. I guess I won't be updating my card.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2020, 07:43 AM »
I wonder if there is a switch on the unit where you can change the units from meters to feet and it interprets it for you.

Stonecat

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Thank you for contacting Navionics.

The charting information comes in meters. There is currently not a way to change that in the Chart Installer program but you may be able to change the settings on your plotter to display as feet.

For additional support, access Navionics online Help or Chat Now with a live agent. 

Best regards,
    This is their response to my message.I'll be using this chip in a Helix unit and have not checked on the possibility of translation there.Knowing in advance I'm not sure I'd have made this purchase.Wondering why they would make that change.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2020, 05:24 PM »
Because the rest of the world is metric and they sell their chips there more than here I’m guessing.

Stonecat

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2020, 07:56 PM »
Because the rest of the world is metric and they sell their chips there more than here I’m guessing.
Hard to imagine they sell more of these outside the US although I'm sure Canadians buy their share.
Maybe cause of this:    Garmin Ltd. is an American multinational technology company founded in 1989 by Gary Burrell and Min Kao in Lenexa, Kansas, United States, with headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. Since 2010, the company is incorporated in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
 Another US co. gone GLOBAL.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.