FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIG TOP CARLISLE BOBBERS  (Read 3212 times)

abishop

BIG TOP CARLISLE BOBBERS
« on: Mar 23, 2021, 04:08 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find these bobbers? I have checked the web and tried to call the manufacturer to no avail. I am looking for the slip bobbers with the black slide on the bottom making them either a fixed bobber or a slip bobber. I really love these cause I can see them from a distance. I have been able to locate the ones with a spring. These are garbage, (line kink) imho cause they destroy line and are impossible to fish deeper than about 6 feet. I know they come in different sizes. I would love to find a box of 3/4 or 1 inch. Not sure if they stopped making these or what. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

fishinator

abishop

Re: BIG TOP CARLISLE BOBBERS
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2021, 07:54 PM »

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2021, 07:29 AM »
i havent seen one like that for a while. 

couldnt you make one by putting a rubber hose over the stem of spring bobber?  you could also add a nut or two, above the hose for weight, to add casting distance.
look up "the angler" in helmer and call them.  that place is packed with stuff.  your gona have to locate some old stock im guessing.
Thanks, I called them and they dont have any.

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2021, 11:21 AM »
 THANKS. I looked and it cost me $42. Could have bought salmon or haddock filets. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

natahka72

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find these bobbers? I have checked the web and tried to call the manufacturer to no avail. I am looking for the slip bobbers with the black slide on the bottom making them either a fixed bobber or a slip bobber. I really love these cause I can see them from a distance. I have been able to locate the ones with a spring. These are garbage, (line kink) imho cause they destroy line and are impossible to fish deeper than about 6 feet. I know they come in different sizes. I would love to find a box of 3/4 or 1 inch. Not sure if they stopped making these or what. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BPS is advertising the Big Top Bobbers in an assortment pack. You would have to buy 4 Bobbers to get just one that you wanted.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/carlisle-big-top-pack-floats?cm_soc=fb&type=iP%7CBPO%7CAlwaysOn%7CDPA%7CATCViewed30Days%7CNovGenericCarousel-NoPriceOverlay&fbclid=IwAR3r0VS7k7wT5GEsO9YKIu2YQ_VLDjYrD2MuLvGj8nT16AorjRwvowXWN8k

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2021, 01:51 PM »
BPS is advertising the Big Top Bobbers in an assortment pack. You would have to buy 4 Bobbers to get just one that you wanted.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/carlisle-big-top-pack-floats?cm_soc=fb&type=iP%7CBPO%7CAlwaysOn%7CDPA%7CATCViewed30Days%7CNovGenericCarousel-NoPriceOverlay&fbclid=IwAR3r0VS7k7wT5GEsO9YKIu2YQ_VLDjYrD2MuLvGj8nT16AorjRwvowXWN8k
I called, they were out. I did pick up a couple packs of 8 pack from Minnesota.

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2021, 01:53 PM »
i found several spring bobbers that work the way you want also.  you just slide spring up and it exposes hole for slip rigging.  you mite check your bobbers and see if you have any like this.

the spring snaps up n down.  not all made like that.

(bigr i drug and dropped that pic in one motion)
I had to zoom in to see what you were talking about. I will have to c if I have any like that. Never noticed.

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2021, 09:01 AM »
far as i can tell its made by comal tackle.  i didnt find many like it searching the net.  just have to look for the bulge below the spring stopper.  that holds spring up for slip mode.

as far as the "big top" i use a red straw.  taught to me be an older panfish addict years ago.

just glue it on top.  fits perfectly on tiny ice float pegs too! thats what i was originally shown it on.
That is old school 4 sure. I wonder how it would work if fishing 10 to 15 feet deep. I have others with a extra long neck that always get caught in main line when casting. good and bad with everything I guess.

Piggyn

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:31 AM »
With pieces of the right sized rubber tubing, you could attach a fixed position bobber without using the spring clips, similar to how these are intended to work.

These are an interesting bobber design... although too large for bluegill.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

fishinator

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2021, 11:13 AM »
With pieces of the right sized rubber tubing, you could attach a fixed position bobber without using the spring clips, similar to how these are intended to work.

These are an interesting bobber design... although too large for bluegill.
Those are interesting.  They have smaller sizes. I think they have their bead and stop knot in the wrong place though.

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2021, 12:02 PM »
Those are interesting.  They have smaller sizes. I think they have their bead and stop knot in the wrong place though.

X2

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2021, 12:26 PM »
X2
Seen them and was interested, but, once again, with the way that is rigged I would imagine that the main line would tangle with the top of the bobber. Just my 2 cents.

filetandrelease

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2021, 02:42 PM »
Seen them and was interested, but, once again, with the way that is rigged I would imagine that the main line would tangle with the top of the bobber. Just my 2 cents.
Then the stop on the bottom is useless as I can’t figure how it works , the way it’s rigged is nothing more than a drop shot rig
 Wish they sold them locally I’d give them a shot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.