FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's 2005 Walleye Chronicles! (page 12 nice walleyes)  (Read 19260 times)

slipbob

Finally it's here.  Walleye season opened on Saturday here in NY.  I got out early in the morning for some shorefishing down at the "local walleye pond" and we hit the water a little before 4am.  The bite wasn't very good with only a couple fish taken.  I got one keeper and lost another.  I'm getting too old to be getting up at 2am to go fishing I'll tell ya that.  :P
Here's the wally I got in the am.
[/img]
I attempted to catch some sleep Saturday but it didn't happen and I managed to get my second wind later in the afternoon and we went back after em.  The first spot I tried yielded two keepers and I had one fish follow my lure up to the bank but he wouldn't hit.  As we were leaving that spot a kind older fella asked me if I wanted his walleye because he only caught one and didn't want to clean just one so of course I said, sure, I'll take that fish off your hands.  I gave it a good home in my frying pan.  ;D  We hit up one of my favorite spots next and the fishing was still slow but I managed to get 3 within about 10 minutes.  2 nice 21"ers and one about 18".  So not too bad of a day, with me getting my limit between the 4 I caught and the one fish I was given.  Here's the two better fish I caught Saturday night around 10:30pm.
[/img]
Here's the cooler of eyes from Saturday night.
[/img]
So that's that.  I'm WAY behind on some projects that must be done around the house and I'm also in the midst of starting my own business that's going to require me to work a LOT more hours now so I'm going to be fishing a lot less, which sucks, but it's a change for the better that will hopefully give me a lot more time in the future to fish than I would have if I stay in my present job.  I'm hoping to get back out once more this week but if not I'll be fishing again this weekend for sure.  Stay tuned for more chronicle updates sometime in the next week when I can get the chance to go again. 

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
Re: Slipbob's 2005 Walleye Chronicles!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Nice batch of eyes slipbob.  I never got to try 'em this weekend, too many projects myself but hopefully during the week.  Good luck with your new business, what's it goning to be a fish market  ;D!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 04:22 PM »
nice eyes slip, id like to catch some this year
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:47 AM »
Nice fish slipbob, and good luck on the business venture.  Hope ya get rich enough to fish as much as you want!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 07:25 AM »
Yee-ha! Let the chronicles begin!
What's this crap about working too much to fish?
Are you sure about this, SB?  ;D

I don't have much time during the summer to fish either,
but one can always make time!
Best of luck with your business. It isn't easy, trust me...

Keep the walleye pics coming!  8)

troutbum

• Wish I was Fishing!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 07:36 AM »
i bet they were tasty huh?   ;)
"Nature hides her secrets because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse."
Einstein

Grandpa Jack

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Thats the way to get the season started off Buddy, I saw Lance's pictures but I got the Red X on your posts on my computer at work. I'm ready with the boat when your interested.They must have tasted great. I would like to get out this weekend so let me know.Are you stayin in the insurance business. You'll be sucessful, you,ve got the drive. Good luck GJ

wny angler

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:50 AM »
nice way to start off the 05 chronicles -good luck on the business too.
    at least ya still got the weekends to fish-for now ;)

Reelmaster

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 12:55 PM »
And it begins again. Way to go on a sucessfull first day of hunting eyes. Is that one fish that is facing the other way in the cooler by chance a suager. It has different color patterns on it.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Bartman44

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Good to see you're on them again.  Did I ever tell you you've got a great collection of hats?

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Great collection of hats?    I have yet to see the ole slipbob wearing the almighty PURDUE BOILERMAKERS hat.  Come on Slipbob where is the GOLD and BLACK.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 04:13 AM »
Slipbob John,

Looks like a good start of the season to me  ;D  Keep em coming.  PM me about this new venture and what your schedule is like.  I would like to get out with you a time or two and learn a few tricks for the Eyes.

Tight Lines,
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Great catch SB. Good luck with the new business. It will take alot of your time (trust me, I know) but there is NOTHING more rewarding than running your own business

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Those are really some nice one's!! Wish we got more that big in the Sacandaga. ;D
Robb

wny angler

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 07:03 PM »
no updates with all those hungry walleye out there    ;)  i guess you weren't kidding when ya said your too busy lately to fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.