FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky..Feeding My Addiction..2006..(Pg.8 August 29th 30 pics)  (Read 15209 times)

Pikeguy

Seems like a good idea to me. Kind of like going to the clay pigeon range before your first Pheasant hunt...Only you're lucky enough to catch a few fish while you're at it. (Clay pigeons taste chalky ;) )

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Exactly.....On both of my past visits I have met up with some old timers who fish there around twice a month.  They only stay for 5 fish..then call it a day. The last guy tries to eat fish twice a week. Hell he was 85 and looked barley 70...maybe I should try trout twice a week.

On my last trip the guy was there for maybe 20 minutes....I was there for nearly 4 hours!....Stay away from live bait or your day will end early.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I was able to get a couple trips in this weekend, I had the in-laws up on Saturday and took my Father-in-law for some crappie fishing on a local lake...crappies still were not co-operation but were able to complete a 3 species day...Splake, Pike and Bass....the camera was on the fritz so no pics

On Sunday Chowder Head Made the trip up to try some crappie fishing as well...we hit the same bank that I fished the day befor but the fishing was a lot slower, I pulled in one small Bass and ChowderHead caught 3 with a few gills on the side...The weatehr turned on us high winds and crazy rain...we stuck it out for a few hours

first cast ChowderHead had a fish on

these little guys were hitting our minnows on floats

Today the Weather co-operated much better, we still had the wind and rain but not to the extent we had the day before...so we broke out the canoe...After reaching the lake I noticed we (meaning me) forgot the mount from my trolling motor...an Hour later we were fianlly on the water

Still looking for crappies we took some local advice and headed to a rock point sourrounded by a weedbed.
a few minutes in...i got a little tug and pulled home this pike

then a few small Largemouth Bass

we did finaly find one tiny Crappie..but no freinds

Pike were enjoying the crappie jigs, I caught this guy on a Fuzzy grub tipped with a minnow....Chowder Head had a beauty Pike on (biggets I have seen in this lake)   we got up to the boat before he bit him off...not 2 seconds after my "thats what you get for using fireline over powerpro" I get bit off by a much smaller Pike.

heres my big pike of the day

followed by another smaller pike

The wind picked up and bit slowed down so we moved to an area I had success while ice fishing...not there for a few minutes when we were attached by some nice smallies

this guy was the big boy

this Pike left a present for me as he crapped all over my tackled bag while I tried to un hook him. He was one of a few Pike that we caight with visible body scars

2 more nice smallies ended the trip

After out-fishing me on day one, ChowderHead had a ruff outing catchig few fish and getting snagged more then I thought humanly possible..he lost 5 jigs not including those bit off. We joked that he spent more time as my photographer..but he really did want to get a pic in as well......

If this is how the Pike and Bass fisihing is on this lake I cant wait till the season opens so we can target them and start using llures and presentations desgned to bring the big dogs in...

devil-man

Wow! That lake does look promising! Did your father-in-law catch anything?
Great pics. It did look like a rough day for CH, though.  ;D

fishinboy

• Team MI
Nice job, guys.  It looks like a fun weekend of fishing.  8)
Ryan

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
looks like an action packed day on the water
OR      [IMG]

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Did your father-in-law catch anything?

Yes my father-in-law landed one fish while we were out.....he always gives me a hard time because I out fish him, he was still tying on when I had my first fish...all i can hear is..."not again"

It was a cold day for him, he's not an ice fisherman so he has not got use to cold days, I had to tie on all his jigs because he couldnt get the hands to work

Pikeguy

Great trip! how big was that smallie? ;D

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
We didnt have any measuring devices on hand...no tape no scale, we were out for crappie and expected to do that at home. I would put him in the upper teens, pushing 20 inches.

I had a much heavier Largemouth on, but in my harrassment of ChowderHead I lost that fish, I was teasing him about getting the camera ready again...then I lost the fish....

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
looks like a nice honeyhole!  nice color on the smallies...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

BAZOOKAJOE

Nice bronze carp.  I got a few like those over the weekend, too! ;D

chowder_head

Wow! That lake does look promising! Did your father-in-law catch anything?
Great pics. It did look like a rough day for CH, though.  ;D

you're d**n skippy it was a rough day! lol i spent more time getting snagged on bottom and taking BJ's pic than you could imagine! lol

'ill give him his props though...he did have a great day and i had just as much fun seeing a bunch of nice fish

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

blaque

i gotta move to Canada lol ! You have some sweet loooking oppurtunities there. Great looking lake and Trout Ponds. Oh and ......waders in a canoe.......kind of a scary combo? Make sure you keep the belt TIGHT!  ;) :)

hookemandcookem

Looks like you had a great day out
HookemandCookem

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Crappies...Finally....

This was my third crappie outing of the season and first time actually getting into some. ChowderHead and his wife joined me and mine for a day long crappie hunting adventure. The bite was hot early on then died off and left us to do some gill fishing. We managed 8 keepers in the afternoon and 4 more after dinner...although not a stellar outing, a good time had by all.

Here's ChowderHead giving his wife some advice...after losing her second or third Crappie.  I  think our wives enjoyed giving us a hard time more then they enjoyed the fishing...Our mistake..Never give your wife advice!

Here is our small little Pile of Black Crappiess...we watched another duo bring in close to 30, and yet another duo strike out completely.

And here's what fishing is all about...these pics were taking at 6am this morning, it was only me and a loon and Blue Heron...and I mean that...I got skunked...but it was a beauty peaceful morning

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.