FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy Report  (Read 6054 times)

bigr

Missy Report
« on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Bite has been good at times and in the right locations. Recent rains moved the bite from the red bridge area to closer to the dam. Water has remained clear and you could stay out of the wind. Decent eating size fish with a few bigger ones mixed in. Red bridge area will start back up very soon once the water coming in clears a bit. Weekend looking good as of right now.

rivereddy

Re: Missy Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2019, 07:12 PM »
Been a few days since I've been up there. 
Thanks for the report..

fish on,

rivereddy

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2019, 09:52 PM »
I just posted a short report on Mississinewa on Shanty under "MISSY"
The reservoir is pretty much iced over with thin unfishable rotten ice.

fish on,

rivereddy

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2019, 04:48 PM »
Ice is gone as of today. I fished for a few across from red bridge marina area. Slow bite and most were small. Only 4 keeper sized fish which i ended up releasing.

bherr24

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Went back over to missy this afternoon and fished a different area. Did a lot better today. Brought home 16 nice ones...had several throwbacks. A buddy of mine had 23 nice ones he had been there a while before i got there. Was fishin tube jigs under a bobber 2- 4 foot deep. Rain in the forecast will probably mess it all up.

rivereddy

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Indy got a pretty good soaking last night i figured the reservoir
was due to catch a slug of runoff.  Seems to be happening.

fish on,

rivereddy

KAK

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Is there enough water in missy to put a boat in? Usually have ice or waiting on ice this time of year.

bherr24

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2019, 11:52 AM »
You can put one in at the red bridge launch.

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2020, 08:40 AM »
It's amazing how fast the corp can drop the levels of the resi's. Looking at the chart this morning I would guess winter pool will be reached by the weekend. Water clarity and flow won't be right but those conditions will also change to a fishable condition quickly. should be able to start searching the usual areas in just a few days. Water should stay open for a while with current forecasts. Watch for updates as I get them.

lovetfish

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2020, 08:48 AM »
the output flows were really high

bigr

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Hit the missy last evening at the red bridge boat ramp. I stayed in the cove because it was protected from the wind. Water level is very close to winter level and discharge is dropping everyday. Color was very murky. Way more than I like but to my surprise the fish were on the bite. In fact it was better than most evenings I've had lately. Ended up catching atleast a limit but only kept 8 very nice fish up to 14 inches. Black/chart tubes fished only 1 and 2 ft below bobber. Hope the rains stay away but sounds like we won't get passed over this time. Hope to get back out in the next day or three. 

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Hit the missy last evening at the red bridge boat ramp. I stayed in the cove because it was protected from the wind. Water level is very close to winter level and discharge is dropping everyday. Color was very murky. Way more than I like but to my surprise the fish were on the bite. In fact it was better than most evenings I've had lately. Ended up catching atleast a limit but only kept 8 very nice fish up to 14 inches. Black/chart tubes fished only 1 and 2 ft below bobber. Hope the rains stay away but sounds like we won't get passed over this time. Hope to get back out in the next day or three.
What was biting, crappie?

bigr

« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2020, 11:09 AM »
Crappie.

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2020, 12:51 PM »
WTG, CONGRATS.

bigr

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2020, 06:24 AM »
Bite was still on up in the cove at red bridge marina yesterday. The area I fished on Tuesday was froze over so I made a move to the other side and further out toward the open water. Wind was at my back making for easy cast. Water clarity was much improved from just two days before. Lots of eating size fish up to 10 1/2 inches but I mixed 15 that ran bigger up to 13 inches to take home with me. I caught a few black nose crappie with one of those being 13 inches. Not sure I ever caught one that large before. Don't think we got a lot of rain overnight so I might take off early today from work and try to get one more trip before the heavy forecast of rain arrives and stops the fishing on the resi's for what could be a long while. On a side note I took a fall walking down path to location and may have broke my arm but I can still hold my pole so i'll fish on. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.