FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tri State B+T  (Read 1266 times)

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
Tri State B+T
« on: Apr 28, 2019, 06:13 AM »
Good news for many of you who were put off by the former owner. The bait shop is now The Complete Angler. They have revamped the store and the new owner is friendly and very eager to help in any way he can. So for those of you (us) that wouldn't shop there because of the former owners attitude, stop in and check it out. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

kesdadddy7597

Re: Tri State B+T
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2019, 11:46 AM »
haha too funny and good to know.  I hardly go to aany bait shops these days  though.  bait is free for those willing to make the effort. :) 

whats the story on hole in the wall shop these days.  that was the one that really soured me on "bait shops"
back in the 90s.  that boob was never open but had sign on door that said "back in a few min.".

I think that guy passed away from what I was told. Don’t want to misrepresent anyone death, but that is what I was told.

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Yep Jerry  died shortly after he closed shop. Think he had heart issues and was getting alzheimers. The grocery store owner stopped and talked to us and wants to get tackle, since there's no one else in the area.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Years ago a tackle store/restaurant was sold and the new owner assigned his aging father to run the tackle portion. (Bill & Casey's that changed to Cody Browns on Weslter Lake in Lagrange County.) Anyway apparently the father didn't want to be there as when I walked in he said, and I quote, "What the hell do you want?!"  I walked right back out, but I still chuckle about it everytime I think of it.

Had some friends that set up a bait store in Avilla.  Thought they were going to have the life of Riley fishing all the time. They soon found out someone had to always be there and it quickly lost its glamour.

Another guy I know finally closed his bait store as he was spending all his retirement money trying to keep it open!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2019, 03:56 PM »
I feel I need good bait shops in my life. Have seen too many go away in my town. This is why I now always buy more than I need ,overpay for lures I really don’t need and leave all the change on the counter. I have learned to value the couple shops I use here and up north greatly   Good luck on your new business venture!

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:05 PM »
The new owner posted here?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.