FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: merritt  (Read 3501 times)

gray goose

merritt
« on: Mar 07, 2008, 07:32 AM »
any ice left on the lake . wondering ?? ready to try some early eyes.

hardh2ofish

Re: merritt
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Ice is all gone now.  Caught a couple nice eyes out there last weekend but the weather took a turn for the worse.  Had 10" or so of good heavy snow.  Will probly wait for tomorrow night to go out and try it again.  Supposed to be near 60 deg. today, 70 tom. and 80 Tues.  Watched the parks guys pull out some huge muskies out of the nets last Friday night.  Heard they got a 43 lb.er last Thursday night.  They were really beggin to get many female eyes the night we were out.  they wer talkin like they were gonna be lucky to get 10 females from $h!t house point clear over to the mouth of the powder horn point.  So I dont think they really got moved up to the face of the dam yet before this last storm.  Went out Monday night and there wasnt a fish to be seen anywhere.  Hopefully they will turn back on!

gray goose

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2008, 10:59 AM »
they should be on the move then. imake atrip over there every spring , it a great lake . be nice to hook on to that muskie, that a  hog , i have caught some around 40 inchs in merritt. don't know how much they weighted we released them.

hardh2ofish

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Walleyes are done spawning on the dam.  Crappie spawn should be getting under way.  Last few years there has been some really nice crappies coming out of Big Alkali  and some nice ones coming out of Merrit if you find them.  I know some people have been after them but havnt heard anything for sure yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.