FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: is this genius or what?  (Read 8259 times)

jones-in-vermont

• I heart toothy fish
is this genius or what?
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:10 AM »
i found this on Google images and cannot take any credit for the design, but i thought id share it. If it were my design, it would have a weed guard though...

><)))))))}\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'<         ><)))>    ><))><br />                                      ><))>      <br />                                ><))>

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Re: is this genius or what?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I've seen a similar idea using a small elastic band to hook a small crayfish for live bait fishing.
May not be "your" idea, but if you use it and catch fish with it, you can make it part of your tackle routine.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:40 PM »
o-rings for senkos have been around since senkos came out many years ago.   in terms of trying to imitate a senko with a fly, why?   The senko works because of the gentle sashay action it has thanks to the heavy salt in the plastic...a properly worked streamer  can have WAY more action and work better than a senko.

jones-in-vermont

• I heart toothy fish
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:21 PM »
I've seen a similar idea using a small elastic band to hook a small crayfish for live bait fishing.
May not be "your" idea, but if you use it and catch fish with it, you can make it part of your tackle routine.
Oh of course. i just didnt want to take credit for someone elses pattern. And in response to bigredfishing, i totally agree on the streamer vs. senko, action-wise, but  then is the "problem" (i like to call it more of a welcomed challenge, but it does get old) of what streamer the fish are gonna hit. I almost never have that problem with senkos. if the fish are there, they will hit it....Once fish are located, the productive streamer can be determined easy enough. But if the fish have to be located while the productive bait is unknown, its gonna be a long day. 
><)))))))}\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'<         ><)))>    ><))><br />                                      ><))>      <br />                                ><))>

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:40 PM »
I almost never have that problem with senkos. if the fish are there, they will hit it...

I miss those days!!   Used to be the case in my area too, but that stopped about 5 years ago.   They still work really well, but nothing like back in the day when they hadn't seen them over and over again.   

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:58 AM »
o-rings for senkos have been around since senkos came out many years ago.   in terms of trying to imitate a senko with a fly, why?   The senko works because of the gentle sashay action it has thanks to the heavy salt in the plastic...a properly worked streamer  can have WAY more action and work better than a senko.

Went small fishing last weekend with a friend he fishes senkos and rapalas, I fish buggers streamers and poppers.... It was a fairly even day until my lead wrapped shank black nosed dace hit the water....

The thing with streamers as you said, if you know how to work them they are just deadly... You just have so much more line control with a fly rod and its just one of those things that you either have the knack for or you don't....
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.