FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MXFisher's fishing pics (Pounded the big pike!!!!Page 8 9/22)  (Read 17994 times)

fishinboy

• Team MI
Wow, those are some nice eyes and pike.  Good work!  8)
Ryan

MXFisher

• One more cast!
Fished Lake LeRoy sunday, it was a good day on the water, though we were pike and crappie fishing the bass would not stay away. I went with Jeremy in his boat we got 10 pike and over 10 bass and about 30 nice crappie. 3 of the pike were caught by Jeremy jigging for crappie on 4 lbs test!!! Two more of my friends were there and Fuzz hooked a HUGE bass. We could hear him yelling so we went over to see what was up. We weighed it with 2 different scales it was over 6 pounds on both. Didn't take a ton of pictures, the fishing was fast and furious, doubles all day long. Here a quick few.

Jeremy with a beautifully colored pike caught on 4 lbs test and a crappie tube:

Fuzz with the 6 plus pound slob:

Another of the BIG BASS:

All fished were released except for the crappie. I'm going to go chase that bass once the season opens and hopefully he will be posted under the tourney section!!!

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

devil-man

Sounds like a great day, MX. That certainly is a monster for these parts! 
I thought that lake was private now...
Do you know something I don't?

MXFisher

• One more cast!
Sounds like a great day, MX. That certainly is a monster for these parts!  ;)
I thought that lake was private now...
Do you know something I don't?

Yes it is private, yes I know something!!!

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
Nice fish.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."

Yes it is private, yes I know something!!!

LOL... Ancient chinese secret!  ;)

Im not much of a bass fan, but that is a definite slob!
Keep that haunt going and you might get a couple nice pics for the online tourney for sure! GO TEAM NY!!!

We gotta go go back to that spot on Conesus and try to find what had my rod bent in half and the reel screaming... That would add some points to TEAM NY Im sure too...lol  Still bummin' about that loss, but thats why they call it fishing and not catching I guess...lol

Deposit

Nice bass and Pike WTG!!!!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
nice fish guys!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

MXFisher

• One more cast!
Re: MXFisher and the computer illiterates pictures (New Pics pg 3)
« Reply #38 on: Jun 27, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Well I've all but forgot about my journal and haven't posted any pics in a while. I have been fishing alot though with a decent amount of success, nothing amazing but good fishing all around. Been chasing everything from eyes to bass, though the eyes have been tough lately for me and Oak. Here's a few pics from the last couple of weeks.

Here's a pike I caught in my favorite pike creek, by no means is this fish huge but when you consider the body of water it's very respectable  measured at about 29".

A picture of the "pike creek", this is one of those places you fish to get out there and avoid people, not because your hoping to catch a slob (though it is possible)

Here are a few nice bass that Troll and myself caught on a recent trip to lake LeRoy.

Troll

MX

Though the three fish I have pics of were about the same size this one is entered in the tourney

Last but not least here's one of two 28" pike I caught in Conesus this past weekend, any ideas on the wound and what caused it? I don't think there eels in Conesus.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Nice fish MX.  We have a similar size creek by us and my bro caught a 17 lb pike out of it once.  SURPRISE!  I'm the same way.  I like it for it's seclusion.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Deposit

« Reply #40 on: Jun 27, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Nice pics there, Good size bass too!

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #41 on: Jun 27, 2006, 04:05 PM »
That's one snaggy looking creek.  Gotta be some big bass in there too.  I don't think I've ever caught pike in a creek other than dipnetting them in the spring out in Michigan when I was a kid.  Sorry to hear those walleyes are giving you guys trouble >:(  I'll come out and straighten em out for ya.  ;D

There's not as many bass as you would think, though they are in there. Lots of pike, just lots of little ones. I've used 5 inch long stickbaits and caught 6-7" pike in there before. Next time I do I take a pic, it funny looking.

MXFisher

• One more cast!
Re: MXFisher's fishing pics (PIKE page 4 w/story)
« Reply #42 on: Jul 05, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Well being 4th of July weekend, I fished my favorite pike creek to avoid the crowds and the wind. Turned out to be a good decision as mother nature surprised me. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I fish there to get away, not because there's huge fish in there.....I was wrong!!!! I caught the 29" (posted earlier) a few weeks ago and was thinking that was about as big as they get in there. Then I had this 32" slam my rogue!!! Yeah the fight was on, he made two runs under the boat which really worried me, I was in less than 3FOW, but Troll managed to put a good net on him and was able to CPR the fish with no problem. In the two trips we made out there we got a total of 6 pike and a nice 2.5-3lbs bass. 1st bass out of there this year!!! Anyway heres the pics and remember never under estimate mother nature!!!

Note: the line hanging off the fish is just a scrap piece of line that was lying in the boat, it stuck to his face, it's not attached to my bait

A nature shot of the pike creek, taken earlier this year, at about the exact spot I caught this fish

Nice sunny day creek shot

Pikeguy

« Reply #43 on: Jul 05, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Wow, nice Pike and some great scenic pictures. WTG  ;D

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #44 on: Jul 05, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Way to go MX.... Another great suprise from Mother Nature!
I have heard there are SOME slobs in there!
I was in a local tackle shop one day and some guys we were talking to were heading over there!
They said the do really well on #'s for Pike, but limited on the big boys... Assured me (with pics) though that he has pulled out a few topping 40 inches!

Nice catch my friend! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.