FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Off Topic Turkey Hunt  (Read 4502 times)

Spooled85

Re: Off Topic Turkey Hunt
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 08:12 AM »
Thanks guy , as for taste me personally I prefer wild turkey. I live the taste of it and live the skin even more . I've never cooked it in the oven but I have smoked it and deep fried it and it is awsome . Especially fried with some Cajun seasoning . Here is  some that I smoked with a pota pit chicken recipe and it turned out amazing

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 08:43 AM »
Good for the both of you! Way to go! Put that one in your memory bank! Life is good!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 09:34 AM »
I agree Fishogger, never throw dark turkey meat away, it has more flavor than the white meat. I smoked some legs using the "Disney Recipe " off utube and man were they good. They cost about ten bucks there and they use tame turkey legs, I'm sure the wild legs are better! After smoking I put them in the crock pot with alittle water and drizzled some honey over them and steamed them for about an hour. Like I said never throw them out, not only wasteful but you're missing out on some great tasting meat! Hex

Spooled85

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2020, 01:57 PM »
I always take the whole bird alot of meat wasted if you only take the breast and legs

RoeBoat

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 09:52 PM »
I noticed the same thing with the legs off of geese in the past, really good smoked.  Like to smoke the breast and thighs, then shred and barbecue.   Better than barbecue beef!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.