FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy report  (Read 12664 times)

bigr

Sally and Missy report
« on: Dec 19, 2019, 08:44 AM »
With the levels and discharge rates where they are now,good water clarity, great weather forecast for the next 10 days, plenty of open water in the usual places I expect very good fishing. Best time of the year for numbers and size. A bucket and pole. Don't get any easier than that.

rivereddy

Re: Sally and Missy report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Yep it's about time to make another trip up.  Last time out I tipped my jigs with small crappie nibbles. Worked great and didn't have to mess with wet hands from dealing with minnows.  Go get 'em.

fish on,

rivereddy

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Great time for a rabbit hunt while your up also.

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Im off for 18 days after tomorrow. I plan to do a lot of fishing. Looks like decent temps too. Going to try to put one more deer in the freezer sat morning and then chase crappie after that.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Anyone make it out over the past 2 days?

bherr24

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Went to miss today. Most of the resi is iced over. Found one pool of open water east of red bridge a ways but no fish. Will go back later this week hopefully it will open up more.

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2020, 08:36 AM »
If we don't get to much moisture both resi's should be at a fishable level by weekend. Won't be ideal but with some work a person could connect on some crappie. 105 on sally and red bridge area on missy will be my first choices.

lovetfish

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2020, 08:52 AM »
If they keep the flow up Sally will be at winter pool by weekend 50deg Mon

bherr24

« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2020, 09:28 AM »
I tried sally yesterday. Arrived to find a decent bite on west side of the 105. Steady action for an hour and had put 6 solid fish in the bucket. Then they shut off like a light switch. Nobody could buy a bite after that. Sunny warm day today may be a better day if you can stand the wind.

bigr

« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:18 AM »
There was a very good bite on Saturday but sunday was slow. Switched resi's and did very well on the missy. Fished up in the boat ramp cove to get out of the wind. Nice fish.

rivereddy

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Red Bridge to the ramp looked like the county fair midway this afternoon.
I counted over 50 guys either in boats or visible on the bank
decent bite

fish on

rivereddy

bigr

« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:34 AM »
I had a feeling the fish might have migrated upstream some with the high water we had and my decision to try alittle eddy a few miles upstream from red bridge paid off nicely. All to myself and a fish on every cast. The spring chase has begun.

bigr

« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:39 AM »
The 105 on the sally is giving up some nice fish also. The bite is really on but we may only get another day or two before things quickly change. Rain and snow coming they say. Lets hope we don't get to much.

bigr

« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Worked a new location last evening for the first time in five or six years. Walk thru the woods was not near as easy as then but was worth it. Got into some very nice fat slabs. Had a seven fish weight of 8lb 8ozs. I got a number to shot for now. Hopes the weather holds. The bigger fish are really starting to show themselves.

bigr

« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:45 AM »
Water levels rising fast and color is very dirty. If we can stay somewhat dry fishing will pick back up in a week or so. Watch the Corp of Eng site for changes in levels and discharge. From what ive heard a few walleye are showing up below the dams but they also will be hard to fish when the discharge rate is up. Don't forget the run up the river for crappie. It's getting close to the time for a push if the water continue to stay up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.