FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish alone?  (Read 6993 times)

broken rod

• CPR
Re: Fish alone?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:39 PM »
i use to fish alone up till last year and know my little boy fishs with me all the time ;D
tight lines, chuck

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:12 PM »
hey shark, that a george thorogood song...lol

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:13 PM »
I used to fish alone all the time and some of my best big fish days have  come alone . I tend to try different tactics that I wouldn't normally do when I'm fishing with others.  It gives you time to reflect and also I tend to focus alot better when fishing alone.  ;D

But on the other hand it's always nice to have good company , someone to share a good or a bad day of fishing with .

Good fishing to all.

Mike K.

Fishingking

« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:15 PM »
ussually alone  weather its stream fishing or lake fishing   and i ussually use a boat that goes on the back of my pickup truck but i dont care i lug that on and off the truck by myself and why because its more peaceful being  the only one on the lake at 7 am in the morning and 2 lines is alot easier to untangle then 4 when drifting or trolling around and my small boat can only hold some many people and so much shiiiii :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:21 PM »
I fish alone on occasion, but usually it's with my son, my wife, or one of several good friends. My wife is good company and she never complains if the fishing is poor or the weather isn't cooperative. She loves all the outdoor sports and she's really my best friend. My son and I really enjoy fishing together and it's almost like fishing with a clone of myself as he thinks and acts so much like me with a real good sense of humor to boot. We were fishing a stream near home last September and I went headlong off a bank into about 4 ft. of water. He helped me get back up on the bank and I decided to strip down to my underwear and wring as much water out of my cloths as possible because we were some distance from the truck. I told him to go on ahead and I would catch up. When I caught up to him about a half hour later. He didn't have much to say but he kept grinning so I said "What's so funny?" He started to laugh and said.. You'll find out! Two weeks later he shows up at the house with the pictures he hid and took of the Ol' man standing there in all his glory wringin' out his wet clothes!........WK ;D 
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

seaweed01

« Reply #20 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:47 PM »
I will fish alone if no one is available. I like company in the boat. It makes
for a lot of fun when the fish are hitting good  and for good conversation
when they are not hitting very well.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #21 on: Apr 07, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Wannaketch,

Don't you just love it? You bring 'em up right, teach them to respect their elders . . .    But then you would have probably done the same thing if your son fell in the water?!

Started out fishing mostly by myself. Then the kids grew and have been my fishing buddies.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

wny angler

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2004, 12:36 AM »
i do about 50% of my fishing alone and even when i fish with a few freinds i,ll take my own vehicle -i like to spend the whole day out on the water regardles of how slow the bite may be or how terrible the weather conditions are.

MikeMo

• chasing water wolves
« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:32 AM »
I have a fishin buddy we go alot, sometimes with the kids and sometimes by myself.

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:53 AM »
As long as I'm fishing I'm happy but it's probably 50/50. I like to get my kids out when I can, but only if the weather cooperates, and my friend Doug comes out every chance he gets. I get out at least once a week regardless of the weather and it's much easier to just get up and go when you want to when you're flying solo.

peple of the perch

« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:56 AM »
i cant stand not being alone when i fish

wyogator

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:24 AM »
I fish alone about 90% of the time. I do prefer company, especially when ice fishing. I always enjoy it when my brother comes down from Montana or I go up there. Sometimes I prefer fishing alone; depends on my mood. I like to fish alone when flyfishing. I'm not big on competition when fishing. I fish for peace of mind. If I want competition, I will play tennis or street hockey.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2004, 02:14 PM »
I rarely fish alone any more.  I do like the peace and quiet, solitude and all that when fishing alone.  I used to fish about 50% of the time alone and the rest with friends.  But back then, I fished nearly every day.  I enjoyed fishing alone, but I also enjoy the company.  Now that I can only get out about once or twice each week, I've always got somebody calling me to hook up with.  Where I go and how I'll fish will depend on how many want to fish with me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.