FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing update  (Read 3509 times)

Turnbuckle

Fishing update
« on: May 14, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Could there be a more perfect picture of a slime glop from a Togue? Perfect formation from fish to child! Click to view this work of art.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Slimer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Hahaha! Classic picture.

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Nice that her life jacket is slime colored too. Classic flop pic!
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

gamefisher

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Priceless Jeremy, she's growing up fast!

Turnbuckle

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 11:46 AM »
My little one is into now which is really fun. All the girls including mom got their fair share yesterday.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

stguy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 01:26 PM »
That's an awesome picture of your daughter!!

I think I've caught that one your wife is holding before, I like that spot.

fish wayniac

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40 PM »
That look on your daughters face is classic. It is good to hear the whole family caught fish.Awesome!

JDK

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Love it!!!!
# SAND

Slammin_Brookies!!

• "Speed and Accuracy" Airborne All The Way 82nd
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Awesome family time Jeremy. That pic is frame worthy. Lol.
If you're too busy to fish...........You're too Fa..king busy!

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 05:20 PM »
You're back in the grove Jeremy, good to see the family involved again. :)
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

Turnbuckle

Re: Fishing update
« Reply #10 on: Jun 01, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Just wanted to pop in and share some fishing stuff.

Been out about 4 days a week the last few, mostly fishing for salmon. No real early morning trips. Mostly, actually all fishing with my kids or friends kids. All afternoons for the most part. It’s been windy.

Salmon almost all have been on streamers, few on spoons and not that deep. Surface temps jumped to 60 the last few days, with the sun and wind, but its real cold down a few feet.

No real big salmon, but healthy. Been struggling on the big togue this year also. Not sure if it’s the wrong spots, or the wrong technique but the togue seem really small this year. Like catching 12-14 inchers and alot of them. Getting the typically 23.5 inch cookie cutters, but only a handful in the slot.

Seems like a good amount of people fishing this year in general. The few people I have been talking to have also claimed they are catching the smallest togue they have seen. 12 inchers. That’s not typical.

Couple photos of the kids.

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Thanks for the report . Those are healthy looking salmon for sure.    Looks like your having a great start to the year with the kids.     Smiles for miles

seamonkey84

« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Awesome, keep those kids fishing!  Good to hear about salmon action, those have eluded me for a while. I know there are big ones in there, just don’t know where they are when not in the river on their spawning run.
Lots of small togue being caught though, Looks like the slot isn’t working, or people just aren’t keeping those smaller fish  ::)
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Turnbuckle

« Reply #13 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Awesome, keep those kids fishing!  Good to hear about salmon action, those have eluded me for a while. I know there are big ones in there, just don’t know where they are when not in the river on their spawning run.
Lots of small togue being caught though, Looks like the slot isn’t working, or people just aren’t keeping those smaller fish  ::)

For me and salmon I don’t fish that lake lake I would or do any other salmon like. I never do a thing on rocky points, following shorelines, etc. I troll around with no real rhyme or reason in the middle of the lake.

I don’t have the link now, but the most reason salmon study done by DIFW have some interesting details on salmon runs.

As for the togue, I’m part of the problem. I don’t keep any. I like the action of catching something with the kids, and can’t stomach just killing and floating them away. What the hell am I going to do when it’s August and 90 and we catch a dozen 3-4 pounders?

I want to help, should I just kill em send them overboard?

JDK

« Reply #14 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Nice fish turnbuckle.

# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.