FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dark Star Orchestra  (Read 1832 times)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Dark Star Orchestra
« on: Jun 09, 2005, 01:31 AM »
Just caught a show of their's at a local club  (app. 600 in attendence).  They play greatful dead covers, but cover an entire show at one time. They did a great set [1/8/1979].  Definetly a band worth checking out.  Their covers a re perfect on to the original right down to jerry and bobby's voice and unique guitar sounds.www.darkstarorchestra.net

flipstick

Re: Dark Star Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2005, 08:15 AM »
I agree, the Dark Star Orchestra is a great concert and actually better than the current Greatful Dead concerts.  I saw a Dead concert last summer (I know it's not the same without Jerry) and I was less than impressed, JMHO.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2005, 01:03 PM »
the thing with "the dead" is that some of their concerts last year were just spectacular and some were just so-so. Alot of that has to do with the changing line up...and there just sometimes didnt seem to be the chemistry there...i dont think warren really belongs in the line up anyway.

flipstick

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:59 AM »
That was definately the problem I had with the concert I went to, no chemistry.  I usually like jam session portions the best, but they had one that lasted at least a half hour and even the most loyal Dead fans weren't getting into it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.