FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Harvesting Hurshtown  (Read 5460 times)

Vampire Fish

Re: Harvesting Hurshtown
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 03:56 PM »
3 rods in front & 3 rods in back , the picture shows 5 rods but only 3 are in use . the Law only allows you 3 lines per angler , I keep 5 rods ready so I can switch up @ will with different lures , sometimes ill catch a fish & be marking some on the vex so ill leave in one  rod & drop my vertical jig rod & pound the bottom & get an extra fish right away . Spider rigging takes research , trial & error , there are a lot of factors that make the technique effective & you have to find what works for you & your particular boat set up = rods & what lengths & actions  needed , weights used , what LB test , lure selection , rod holders , trolling motor , fish finder ect.. . My system is dialed in just right for my boat but it took a long time to get it just right :) I use spider rigging in many Indiana lakes & have great success , the water clarity is not as much of a factor as you would think , its more about being quiet & moving slow & steady/stealthy ,I think the water depth is more important  than water clarity, not all fish just run from a boat overhead & more times than not they will be honed in on the lure & not the craft that is if your over some decent depth of water like 15' or so  . a big key is not to jump your trolling motor on to high speeds then shut it down quickly I find it spooks fish less if you smoothly run your trolling motor & not shut it all the way off so the sounds & water movement from the blade are more gradual instead of instant . Just my opinion ------------------Vampire Fish ------------------

stinkybaits

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Nice fish guys.  If he was running 5 rods out of the front that left you with jigging 1 rod out of the back of the boat.  If you want to find the hot spot look for the boat with the pink umbrella ;D.  Looks like that trip will be good for at least a few meals though :clapping:

Rods? Lol I was running nets!  ;D

treepotato

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 10:29 AM »

hi stinky, love the name,,lol. hey just wondering about your vexlar setup. do you have any sort of special setup for your transducer or do you just hang it over the side? got a friend experimenting with one in his kayak and it seems to perform pretty well. are you happy with the way yours performs from the boat? .....any suggestions?   thanks for all the great info....treepotato

stinkybaits

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 12:59 PM »
I just hang it over the side. Kayak I'm not sure about. Would not want to capsize with the unit though that's a scary thought! Probably pretty hard to go though I'm guessing.

coustom rods

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Rods? Lol I was running nets!  ;D
Yep I know that feeling .
The guy in the front of the boat always hogs all the fish.  LOL
U should be use to it by now !!!

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Nice job fellas. It has been years since I have been out there. Looks like it was worth the trip.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 09:39 PM »
I might just have to get out there.  Never seen a squatch in a boat.

stinkybaits

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 08:07 AM »
I might just have to get out there.  Never seen a squatch in a boat.

And you live 5 minutes away??##!! What are you waiting for! Couple two or three walleye before work. They open at 730am closed Mondays.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.