FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fitchburg?  (Read 5840 times)

mullen2525

Re: Fitchburg?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2004, 04:11 PM »
what about wachusett lake just south of wyman pond anyone know anything about that lake

bassfisher32

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26, 2004, 06:50 AM »
at the wachusett res try the quinapoxit river  for trout when the pumps are on the trout are there its on river rd in west boylston

jf5

« Reply #17 on: Aug 26, 2004, 11:06 AM »
what about wachusett lake just south of wyman pond anyone know anything about that lake

Are you reffering to the pond inside the Wachusett Mtn Reservation as opposed to the Reservoir??

mullen2525

« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2004, 12:56 PM »
i believe so, didnt know it was in the reservation but yeah

jf5

« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2004, 02:48 PM »
Cannot say I have heard much about this place. I understand that its prety shallow and a warmwater fishery, but I don't really have any experience fishing it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

mullen2525

« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2004, 10:03 PM »
i'll have to check it out and let you know then

jf5

« Reply #21 on: Aug 27, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Please do. I would be interested.

mullen2525

« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2004, 11:56 PM »
well i'm headin back to school tomorrow so i'll be checkin out all theses lakes within a month hopefully in the first 2 weeks i'll have enough time to check tham all out but i'll let you all know how it goes

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 09:07 PM »

just saw this post after it being around since august.  wachusett lake hold GIGANTIC fish, but its closed to any access.  the whole property around it is closed b/c it's fitchburg water supply.  an old resort (sister to the one at the top of the mountain many moons ago) used to be on the side of the lake.  there was a restaurant there that they used to keep catfish in cages in the water for some fresh fish frys.  i def. wish you could still fish there!!!!  i heard a story last year about two guys who snuck in and had several huge bass on a stringer but got caught but a fitchburg water supply worker/police officer.
"And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky.
A human being that was given to fly."
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Don't be a Goatboy....eh hem, PJ!

Brian

mullen2525

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 08:14 PM »
too bad you can't fish there, oh well i'll get over it.  Anyways I fished at round meadow on 2a in westminster on tuesday and wednesday and man those crappies are goin for anything topwater. poppers worked pretty good but little diving minnows worked the best, give it a little jerk and they dive about a foot and those crappies nail it on the way up, we caught some pickeral and sunfish here and I also caught the biggest horned pout i've even seen in person fishing a dad shiner on the bottom.  Theres some good fish in this pond pickeral, sunfish and crappie are abundant, no sign of bass yet here maybe the water still needs to warm up a bit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.