FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Charles river???  (Read 1557 times)

mikeyc0203

Charles river???
« on: May 12, 2005, 08:33 PM »
does anybody know of any good spots to fish the charles river or does anybody know any information of the charles river basin??

G.Horne

Re: Charles river???
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 08:08 PM »
I've fished the Waltham section and have done real well. They are rebiulding the ramp now and should be complete by June as it has been closed since last spring. The Basin is also good to fish. It has alot of different structure like wood, lilypads, bridge abutments, riprap.  I've caught largemouth, smallmouth, stripers and pike there. The river has a 10mph speed limit. You can also go through the locks and go out in the harbor.  The ramp is in Brighton on Nottingham Road next to the MDC skate rink. The only drawback is the kayks, skullers and the occassional dead body :o

mikeyc0203

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 11:30 AM »
could u derscribe to me where the waltham part and basin is??thanks for ur help

G.Horne

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 05:52 PM »
The Waltham section has a dam at Moody St. To get to the ramp take rt20 toward Boston- a right onto Prospect st - Right on Crescent st - right onto Woerd av - ramp is on the right.    The Basin is down town Boston. Storrow Dr runs along the basin. The ramp is in Brighton. Take rt128 to rt16 exit - follow for a couple miles you come to a rotary, stay on rt16. You will see the river on your left, go straight through set of light that is Nonantum St follow that about 1mi. you will see the MDC skate rink on the left - ramp is just past it on the left

mikeyc0203

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 10:32 AM »
hey thanks for the info i was in waltham the otha day at cacciatore field for baseball and didnt know if that was a good place but thanks for ur help...where do u prefer we fish near on woerd av or on moody st,??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.