FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye fishing advice  (Read 1568 times)

Cfisher

Walleye fishing advice
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Hello everyone, I would really appreciate it if some of you guys should share some advice with me as I am in a unique situation. I have a jon boat on a 115 acre lake that receives very little fishing pressure. Anyways, the lake is only 18.5 feet deep at it's deepest point. Despite it's lack of size or depth it has some structure such as some little reefs and rockpiles. It also has lots of weeds, various different kinds. There aren't really any depth maps of the lake although I've made one but it's pretty bad. The walleye I have caught in there are big, and I'm almost certain there is lots of them in there and some real big ones. I believe they feed on the perch in the lake. I am equipped with a Garmin striker 4 with traditional sonar. Do you guys have any advice on how to Target the walleye of this lake? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cfisher

Re: Walleye fishing advice
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I would put small perch(4-6") on a float rig. clip the tail or use lead above hook to make them easy to catch.  cast a jigworm around while you wait.  try at night with small safety pin spinners sporting a Colorado blade.  big stick baits can be hot at night too.  the hour before and the first 3-4 hours of dark seem to be best on most of our lakes. points, mouths of bays, and any narrowing type areas are hot spots to pick apart.  eyes will be roaming at low light looking to snack.

sounds like a fun lil lake to have at your disposal.  good luck on the monsters that live there. take a camera! lol

That's some good information I will give it a try. Thanks!

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:04 AM »
I had a thought though to make sure its legal to use perch as bait wherever your frfom!  wouldn't want to hear I cost you a ticket.

Glad you mentioned that.
I was going to say the same thing.

All good stuff.

Cfisher

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Thanks guys, no worries I always check my regulations first.

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.