FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Field and Stream store.  (Read 6050 times)

CHEZ2

Field and Stream store.
« on: Aug 10, 2017, 07:42 AM »
Dose anyone have an idea when the Feild and Stream store is opening at the Veiwmount Mall in Scranton???
My Buddy Chris said it's GUNNA be a Great Store.
We need a good Sports Store.
I hope they stock ice FISHING gear.

chris458wm

Re: Field and Stream store.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2017, 11:27 AM »
I was talking with a friend of mine who's wife is going to be the General Manager there and Frank said she told him that their goal is to open for Labor Day.  He said they're going to sell new and used guns, all grades of guns from the cheaper ones up to and including Brownings and Weatherbys, and lots of fishing stuff.  He said that it's going to be on the order of a Cabela's or Bass Pro, they have lots of mounted animals in there and they will change the back ground for each season.  I was on their website and they sell ice fishing gear so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet they'll stock the stuff in the store.  In the front when you come in they have a big mount with a grizzly bear standing over a moose and a few wolfs circling him.  Frank also said that it's a lot bigger and will have a lot more stuff than people realize.

RuttNutt

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2017, 02:46 PM »
How many stores do they have? I had no idea they actually had retail stores!  I always thought Field and Stream was just a brand of outdoor gear that Dick's SPorting Goods sold in their stores.

I hope you are right, Chris! We need a good store on the order of Cabelas or Bass Pro. Especially now that we are losing Gander Mtn!

boondox

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2017, 03:59 PM »
For those wondering they are basically a dicks sporting goods. .  but better on the hunting fishing end not so much shoes clothes for jogging, running, weight lifting soccer like dicks does. .  there's one around here..  I never been I  it ..I shop on line they give same deals as dicks.. they  just have better hunting and fishing gear then they have in dicks and more of it..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2017, 05:39 PM »
They're ok......just ok.we have one nearby. Typical Dicks style store. 85% clothes from China, 5% sporting goods, 10% just fluff.

Generally overpriced and understocked if you're looking for fishing equipment.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

CHEZ2

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2017, 06:16 AM »
Well there goes another good idea of a good sporting good store. >:(
Sounds like Gander Mt.was better.
Thank you for your input.
I Guess we will have to wait and see.

chris458wm

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2017, 07:03 AM »
Dick's and Field and Stream are in the same part, you can walk to and from the Dick's side to the Field and Stream side.  I highly doubt that Greed Hill will turn out to be the better of the two.

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2017, 07:54 AM »
I haven't been to a F&S in a year and I found it had a good selection of hunting and fishing ,  , but I guess it is all in what your looking for , I found things I wanted and I didn't notice a big difference in price , all I can say is check it out and make up your own mind ,

boondox

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2017, 05:38 PM »
One store I would love to Vist is fish usa with all the stuff I buy on line there I am lucky theirs not one in my neighbor hood to shop I would go broke lol's ...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2017, 06:47 PM »
I'll admit that if I have to go to a brick and mortar store for fly tying or fishing equipment, I'm generally dissatisfied. I prefer to buy from "mom and pop" type stores or online.

I'm not an impulse buyer. If I decide I want something, I research and get what I want. Second best and overpriced doesn't work for me.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MattyP123

« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2017, 07:25 AM »

I'm not an impulse buyer. If I decide I want something, I research and get what I want. Second best and overpriced doesn't work for me.

Rg
agreed about their fly tying section.

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Aug 12, 2017, 08:15 AM »

I to buy  from my local stores and I order online ,I'm not a compulsive shopper ,  but I still Think it's a nice brick and mortar store,

RuttNutt

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2017, 12:14 PM »
They mentioned it the other night on WNEP and showed the front of the store.

CHEZ2

« Reply #13 on: Aug 16, 2017, 06:04 AM »
I guess we will have to wait and see.

gundogwanted

« Reply #14 on: Aug 16, 2017, 06:42 AM »
I'll admit that if I have to go to a brick and mortar store for fly tying or fishing equipment, I'm generally dissatisfied. I prefer to buy from "mom and pop" type stores or online.

Rg

Agree on the dissatisfaction. Problem around me is there are no mom & pop stores anymore. When you do go to the brick stores, like you mentioned, they are mostly all clothing. They will stock some of your basic equipment, but no specialty items. I hate to say it, but, I really do most items online, no choice.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.