FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: rain suit  (Read 1777 times)

bikrsrule

rain suit
« on: Feb 26, 2021, 02:12 AM »
What do you guys think is the best suit for sitting in a boat trolling in the pouring spring rain?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: rain suit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:56 AM »
Depends on how much you want to spend.
 I have had this suit for a long time and it’s never failed me..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Johnnh

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:36 AM »
I upgraded to Grundens USA Gage Weather Watch last year. Before that i used my Grundens Salt Water coat and bibs during heavy rain and Bass Pro 100mph gortex in warmer weather (very expensive)

The new Grundens USA Gage Weather Watch coat and bibs are pricey, but they are lightweight and they keep you dry

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Depends on how much you want to spend.
 I have had this suit for a long time and it’s never failed me..

yup - good stuff for sure!!!

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2021, 12:50 PM »
I have carhartt shoreline waterproof jacket an pants.....pricey, yes !,, worth it totally

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2021, 01:06 PM »
If you’re near the sea coast the marine supply place on rt 1 in Portsmouth is worth a visit. I have an old set of grundens from there which are tough to beat.

Johnnh

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Zwiggles

If its the place i go, its New England Marine and Industrial on the Spaulding Turnpike.
They have all sorts of terminal tackle and excellent rain gear

Thats the place i have shopped for salt gear for years.  I fished on Eastmans for cod and pollock, etc.

John

zwiggles

« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2021, 07:49 AM »
Zwiggles

If its the place i go, its New England Marine and Industrial on the Spaulding Turnpike.
They have all sorts of terminal tackle and excellent rain gear

Thats the place i have shopped for salt gear for years.  I fished on Eastmans for cod and pollock, etc.

John

Yeah that’s the place! I have a 20 year old set of cloth lined, orange grundens that I have put through hell. They still are awesome. Only issue is a hole in the pants that I put into them with a power pruner years ago landscaping. I would highly, highly recommend the cloth lined ones.

I also bought some of the fancier stuff they have (Helly Hanson and grundens) for my father and brother and they love it. Way more comfy then my stuff.

mcully

« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Bought Carhartt storm bibs and jacket past year and so far really dry in some miserable weather

jibbs

« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2021, 08:19 PM »
I just bought the new striker adrenaline suit for this years tourneys ..I have been using cabelas guidewear forever but this new gear is sweet
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

jibbs

« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2021, 08:20 PM »

Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.