FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: still bitin?  (Read 3415 times)

reubenpa

still bitin?
« on: Jul 05, 2004, 06:10 PM »
where in CNY can I get eyes from shore like next weekend?

Anyone want to hook up?  Not sure how far I can go, but I would like to try out Oneida sometime, they still biting from shore???

thanks all

my first 4 eyes last weekend has hooked me in my poor gills!!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
Re: still bitin?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2004, 08:28 AM »
i heard they are still getting them up there . but not sure of the shore fishing.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2004, 08:54 AM »
where in CNY can I get eyes from shore like next weekend?

Anyone want to hook up?  Not sure how far I can go, but I would like to try out Oneida sometime, they still biting from shore???

thanks all

my first 4 eyes last weekend has hooked me in my poor gills!!!!

I fished Onieda  a couple weeks ago and saw eyes swimming around my boat docked in 3 fow about 10 PM.  I'd say that shore fishing is still an option if done at night.  Fishing by boat will increase your odds quite a bit though.

May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2004, 05:19 PM »
thanks guys, I will probably just have to wait until fall
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2004, 04:10 PM »

Head to the nearest walleye river and fish the late evening bite.  Get into a nice deep pool or eddy and the walleyes are everybit as accessible as they are any time of the year.  It's just the lakes and reservoirs that become tougher for shorecasting now with the warm waters of summer.  The fish head out into the main lake basins but not so with small rivers that can be waded or shorefished.  If you're near the Chemung or Susquehanna you're in business and can catch eyes all summer.  In fact it's almost easier because the lower water levels force the eyes to concentrate in the deeper runs.  If you have a boat you have no excuse to not catch eyes all summer.  For us shore guys it's a little harder.

Slipbob is 100% correct.  The Susquehanna is still giving up limit after limit of eyes.  With some exceptional 26-30"+ fish being caught.  I can't imagine that the fishing would be that much different in any of the other nearby rivers.  So throw on an old pair of sneakers and do a little wading during low light periods.  I'll bet you get into some.

May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2004, 08:36 PM »
yea there still biting, found these eyes in 14 - 22 FOW today in mid-afternoon, nice cloudy, windy, cool day on the Great Sac. Res.

17"er.

2 - 15 1/2"ers, legal ones.  ;D

MMMMMMMMM  :D
Fish on!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.