FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No Prize Fall Tourney!!  (Read 7389 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: No Prize Fall Tourney!!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2004, 01:40 PM »
Good luck, I plan on giving them a shot again in the A.M.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Oh cool jigwiggler. May I suggest getting there around 4 and using poppers in the coves? They worked awesome for me the other day and I never even have heard of a walleye touching one before!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2004, 08:08 AM »
Oh cool jigwiggler. May I suggest getting there around 4 and using poppers in the coves? They worked awesome for me the other day and I never even have heard of a walleye touching one before!

4 AM!!!  ARE YOU MAD!!  ;D ;)  Hitting the water by 5:30 or 6 is early enough for me this time of year when I have to be to work by 8 and then archery hunt untill dark.  Yeah I've picked up some eyes before on surface lures in the shallows while targeting bass.  When they're feeding heavy they aren't too fussy.  Managed 4 eyes this morning, nothing special in the size department and about 25 dink smallmouth.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2004, 03:55 PM »
Nice one Slipbob!!  I haven't topped the 20" mark yet this fall, just nice eatin' size walleyes. ;D :P

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2004, 02:14 PM »
too many things to do late in the year...walleye fishing is suffering....if my projected freeze over comes true, i should at least be able to hit the eyes not far from home....since introducing and restricting any walleye between 18-28" being kept, i should be able to post a contender by november 15.....lol...Grump

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #20 on: Oct 28, 2004, 04:14 PM »
24" was my top one this fall on a popper, and I released it. (didn't figure it would be a contender so didn't picture it, besides it was at about 4:30 AM and my throwaway cameras probably wouldn't work) I released it because I already had my limit  8)

I'm done walleye fishing, have been for about a week. The water temps are too low in my reservoir now; too bad the city a couple years ago decided to make icefishing  illegal there a couple years ago, and since bucket biologists haven't helped out any lakes in the area besides that one to contain at least a realistic pop. of walleyes (probably a few in highline, but definitely not enough to target, let alone catch one). So I am done walleye fishing until about may when the water warms up enough :'(, at least I am if I don't drive to the tough big walleye lake rifle gap reservoir, over an hour away, where the walleyes average 20"+, but there are not many walleyes in rifle gap anymore because of mismanagement by cdow >:(

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #21 on: Oct 28, 2004, 04:55 PM »
The water temps are too low in my reservoir now;
The prime example is in late fall the soft plastic bite will shut right off and then it's either minnow tipped jigs, livebait or carefully presented hardbaits.   Now don't give up and get back out there and catch some more walleyes.  ;D

I'm sure your right but my only reservoir in the area is flies/lures only along with no boating or wading. That's probably why I never have had much success in late october on. I'm positive I could still go and catch a few on cc shads or rapala taildancers, but I don't know how good it would be. I guess from now on I am purely trout fishing! 8)

Good luck all you lucky walleye fisherman!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.