FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WELCOME DOG DAYS OF AUGUST  (Read 1531 times)

abishop

WELCOME DOG DAYS OF AUGUST
« on: Aug 07, 2021, 01:59 PM »
Well, not much happening. Hope with this weather, things pick up.

PEARCHEYES

Re: WELCOME DOG DAYS OF AUGUST
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Blue gill are very active in 14 ft of water depth over 20 ft deep basin .At least on barbee lake.Been keeping 20-25 each time out.Actially getting bored .I need a good perch bite to change it up

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2021, 07:25 PM »
This coming week should be great for you Al
Wallin

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2021, 09:25 PM »
There's a lot happening.  I haven't had much time to get out but I have done good almost every trip. Just have to adapt. Fish always eat.

LundProv

« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2021, 10:56 PM »
I would agree with a lot happening out there.  Last Monday morning, I fished from 5:30 till 7:30 AM and did very well trolling for crappie in less than 10' of water at Flint lake.  There are just so many great ways to spend your time now and with the high heat throughout the day, I am trying to accomplish a lot of things that if I get done now, will not keep me off the water in September.  I agree.  Fish are always there and they will bite...

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2021, 09:07 AM »
i dont think he fishes anywhere but lake michigan and when reports are good.

been doing fine around here.  30-80 gills in the morning(suspended over basin as already stated) and crappie or trout at night.  i cant set out in the stifling midday sun.  or maybe i dont want to. lol 

get some minnows and the lantern and go catch you some crapy bishop!  life is ticking away one day at a time.

Did the trout start biting again?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2021, 11:46 AM »
Usually August is slower, IMHO. I do fish a few favorite lakes. By dog days I didnt mean there were no fish biting. I for 1 just am not that mad at them at this time of year. This old guy gets 2 hot in boat. When I get out, I like to spend 5 2 8 hours on the water. It won't be long. Just resting up a bit. haha...

staubsaugen

« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2021, 07:55 PM »
Buddy and I managed 7 trout early this morning. Also caught a couple nice gills and an 8# catfish. Not hot and heavy, but steady action and good eats.

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2021, 05:48 AM »
Gil fishing is good. Hit Caldwell Sunday and caught as many as I wanted tight lining off the edges in maybe ten foot of water. Wigglers, lots of small bass mixed in. Several ten plus inch gils. Floated the Wabash from Lagro to Wabash Saturday. Disappointed in the walleye/sauger bite. In fact I didn't boat any. The Smallies and crappie and cats filled the void. Great morning to be on the riverand it's in as good of shape as it gets for the summer. Very low so I did drag bottom a few times in the kayak. I'm convinced the Walleye sauge population on the river is so low now I cant target them anymore. Very said the state let that resource go away. The Wabash serves the whole state not just a few counties or a single lake. Our stocking plan is terrible.   

rivereddy

« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2021, 07:51 AM »
Another option when heat is on -  sight fishing for  poor man's bonefish, aka mongo carp.
I use a 7 wt and toss a vanilla flavored salmon egg. This produces many looks, a few takes,
and fewer hookups, but when it all happens, the drag washers get quite a workout.

fish on,

rivereddy

staubsaugen

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2021, 12:07 PM »
Son and I fished a local memory last evening and it paid off. Caught in 28 fow 18-20' down on wigglers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.